chapter 13: the bell test part 1

~Aimi's POV~

I groaned as I woke up at 5:30, we're supposed to meet Kakashi at training grounds 7 at 5 o'clock, but knowing Kakashi he'll probably arrive at around 8 o'clock.

I got out of bed, made a clone that went to make breakfast and I went to take a shower. After I finished, I changed into a purple T-shirt with the Uzumaki clan symbol on the back, ANBU style black pants, a red-orange (think of Kurama's fur) hoodie also with the Uzumaki symbol and my blue ninja sandals.

After I finished getting ready, I walked to Naruto's room and woke him up. When he did, I went to the kitchen and ate breakfast, remembering to dispel the clone. When I finished eating, I made breakfast for everyone else, knowing that they wouldn't eat.

"Naruto! Hurry up!" I yelled and heard footsteps running to the kitchen. "Let's go." I said and we left.

"YOU'RE LATE!" Sakura screamed once we reached the training grounds.

'Damn banshee.' I thought in annoyance.

"I made breakfast for you guys." I took out a small bento and gave it to them.

"BUT KAKASHI-SENSEI SAID NOT TO EAT! BAKA!" Sakura screamed.

"Actually he suggested not to eat plus if the test is difficult, we're going to need the strength." I explained, calmly.

Sasuke seemed to see reason and ate while Sakura was about to protest, but shut up and ate when she saw Sasuke eating, Naruto had already finished eating.

I walked over to a tree and sat down, leaning on it.

"Nii-san." He looked at me. "Wake me up when sensei gets here." He nodded and I let the darkness consume me.

A while later I felt someone gently shaking my shoulders.

"Ai-chan, Ai-chan, wake up." He said in a hushed tone.

"I'm up, I'm up." I yawned.

"Now that you're awake, I will explain the test." Kakashi said. "It's simple, you just have to take this bells from me, that's all there is to it. If you can't get them by noon you go without lunch, you'll watch while I eat my lunch in front of you." I saw Sasuke and Sakura send me thankful looks.

"Wait a minute! There's four of us, how come there's only three bells?" Sakura screeched.

"Well that way at least one of you will end up tied to a post and is ultimately disqualified from failing to complete the mission. That one goes back to the academy. Then again, all four of you could flunk out to. You can use any weapons, including shuriken, if you're not prepared to kill me you won't be able to take the bells." Kakashi explained.

'Kurama-nii, can you open up the mental link with Naruto-nii?'

"Sure kit."

'What is it, Ai-chan?' Naruto asked.

'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' I asked.

'Teamwork.' We said simultaneously.

"But sensei! Those weapons are to dangerous!"

"Yeah, you're so slow you barely dodged our trap!! We'll definitely kill you!!" Nii-san exclaimed.

"In the real world, those without talent often bark the loudest. Well, ignore Mr. Dead Last and start when I say.."

Naruto took out a kunai and was about to attack Kakashi, but Kakashi appeared behind him, holding nii-san's kunai to his neck. I quickly dashed behind Kakashi with my kunai aimed at his back, shocking him.

"Nii-san and I are a team, so don't think I'll allow him to fight on his own." I said calmly. "Also, I do not tolerate anyone who insults my brother."

"Calm down, I haven't said start yet." Kakashi said. "But you two came at me with the full intention to kill so... how can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys. Get ready, and... start!" He said and all of us jumped out of the field.