Serrie

Serena's Point Of View: 

How could they do that?" I eventually broke my silence to whisper to Lxia sat next to me at the Gryffindor table. I would constantly catch my brother's gaze across the room from where he sat at the Slytherin table, only a few seats down from that Lucas jerk. 

"I'm sure it's just a mistake." Lxia informed me as she picked slowly at the food before her.

It felt weird sitting next to Lxia, for once in my life I felt uncomfortable with her. It wasn't her fault though, but the fact that all the Gryffindors around us were hanging onto her every word, quite like the others when we were outside except this wasn't because she was telling a story; it was simply because they all wanted to hear what the Potter girl had to say. Gryffindor were happy that they had gotten the next Potter as well as Harry Potter. 

"I hope so..." I sighed and glanced over at Seth again who was attempting to talk to some of the boys around him. They just totally ignored him, blocking him out because they didn't know him, because they knew our parents, because his sister was a Gryffindor. 

All the odds were already stacked against him and we were yet to begin our first day. 

"You should try this lemon tart," Lxia proclaimed as she delicately ate mouthful after mouthful of the sweet desert.  Within a matter of minutes her plate had been scraped clean of all crumbs and she beamed at me happily. 

"We're going to the common room soon." Almost as if she had been a psychic, and that had been her prediction, Professor McGonagall rose to her feet and opened her arms wide to us all. 

"It is time for us all to call our meal to a close and head to the common rooms for bed." She declared. As the words left her mouth, the food on the golden plates vanished leaving everything shiny-clean as if no one had been eating at all. 

"Come on Lxia." I whispered. Grabbing her hand, I stood up and began to follow the steady flow of Gryffindors towards the large doors ahead of us. 

"Gryffindor first years over here!" A high voice to our left called. A girl with shockingly-bright pink hair stood surrounded by a gaggle of first years. 

"You a first year?" She demanded. It took me a few seconds to realise it was me and Lxia she was talking to. I nodded nervously. 

A broad smile met her lips, "Well get yourself over here then." 

Lxia and I trotted over to join her small, growing, group. Within a matter of minutes we were the only people left in the Great Hall. 

"Right let's go then." She started striding away and a few of the smaller one had to jog to keep up with her quick steps. 

"I'm Ariana, by the way." She explained as we walked, "I'm one of the Gryffindor prefects and, hopefully, the next Head Girl." Her face lit up as she slid into her thoughts. That was good because her walking pace slowed down while she thought. 

We climbed a staircase and Lxia had to keep nudging me to listen to Ariana due to the fact that I kept getting distracted by the amazing castle. I kept catching bits and pieces of the conversations but I was too focused on the majestic structure and beautiful paintings to listen properly; Lxia would tell me later anyway. 

"-The staircases move-"

"-Third floor out of-"

"-The dungeons-"

"-Quidditch-" 

"-and this is the Gryffindor common room." We all stopped in front of a large canvas of a fat woman dressed in a pale blue dress. She had long dirty blonde ringlets, like little sausages, for hair.