The Last Time

­­­The Last Time

I’m going to do the last chapter in third person in respect to J.K. Rowling as that is how she does all her novels (apologies if it’s really bad because of this).

Wow longest yet.... 

***

Seth rose to his feet, his eyes narrowed with fury and tears that blurred his gaze breaking up his view of the figure stood before him. Through his blurred eyes he could just pick out the faint details of the man before him, his sight tears restricting everything else; he could see the tall majestic figure, stood up straight and proudly, his wand out held. He seemed determined but stand-offish at the same time.

Taking a step forwards, Seth took a deep quivering breath that send a shock racing through him to his very core. He didn’t know what he was going to do but he knew what he wanted to do; he wanted to hurt this man, this man that had killed his long lost grandfather.

The feeling that gripped Seth was so overwhelming, so unbelievable that he felt himself being driven forwards by the pure force of it all.

The man glanced to his right and Seth followed his quick gaze to the right where he spotted two other figures pressed up against the wall. Hiding.

The Death Eaters beside Seth suddenly seemed to get riled up by the appearance of these two new people and he could hear the hisses that escaped their lips. The hisses of anger and disgust.

To say he didn’t understand the situation was a severed understatement.

Vigorously Seth rubbed his eyes, clearing the tears that had blossomed when he had seen his grandfather die before him. He was the Dark Lord now, he couldn’t afford to be weak; he had to live up to the name, he had to stand strong and defiant.

Draco took a step towards his son, his eyes washing over his pale-skinned appearance, more pale than normal, sicker than normal. His eyes looked dead, dead behind the watery sheen that had spread out over them, hiding them from Drake’s sight.

He took a step forwards and Seth’s head snapped before him; his eyes, the gaze that he fixed upon Drake, it was dead, dead and lifeless. The soul had been sucked from them as if his eyes, but only his eyes, had been kissed by a dementor; the worst curse possible to endure and Draco and Hermione had bestowed it upon their own son by taking away him who was important to him, no matter to how brief the time was.

Seth gripped his wand, raising it slightly towards the man towards him. He was the sight of an angel with his tumbling blonde looks, flawless pale skin and strong defined features; the only problem was his eyes, his empty eyes.

“Seth, please.” Hermione whispered.

Everything seemed to freeze at her voice and slowly, ever slowly, Seth turned on the spot, his attention moving from the man before him to that of the woman from which the voice of his mother had emerged.

For a few moments, Seth considered it to be a lie, a con, trickery to fool him into a false pretence so as to knock of his balance with the human world. He surveyed her carefully, his gaze never breaking off as he reached up and rubbed his eyes again.

Clearing his vision slightly, Seth looked again and this time he could pick out the long, bushy brown hair, her small delicate figure, and her worried tawny eyes.

He stepped forwards, more tears brimming as he ran towards her and she took him in her arms, holding onto him, comforting him like a good mother should as he cried his floods of tears of happiness and relief at being reunited with his family. Hermione rubbed his back comfortingly as she met eyes with Draco across the room; the look shared between them was that of satisfaction and determination. They were both glad that their soon was back with them and not the monster that they had thought he was going to turn into.