Chapter 2: Crona

Kid and I end up sprinting all the way to the DWMA and are panting for breath by the time we reach the stairs of the school, yet I could care less about my well being at the moment. There's only one thing plaguing my mind right now, and that's whether or not my brother really is here or not. What if Kid's lying and Crona actually isn't here? Would Kid actually lie to me? I mean, he was very reluctant and hesitant of me being a witch in the first place... So, in reality, it's actually probably wasn't the best idea to blindly follow this guy... Especially since he's the son of Lord Death... Aw crap. Well, if I do end up captured by Lord Death since I'm at witch and die today, then at least I had the opportunity to meet someone as handsome as Kid. So, really, it's all good. 

"Stay here," Kid holds his hand up in a halting motion. "I'll go get my friends and Crona."

I eye him, "Why do your friends need to be here?"

"Well, it's not every day they get to meet a good witch, so why not?" He begins to leave yet turns back. "Ah, and, Crona's a bit... Antisocial. He wouldn't really feel very comfortable around just me."

"Ok..."

He sends a curt nod my way and struts off into the school. Cue the raging thoughts roaring in my head. What if Crona doesn't remember me? Well, thats kinda impossible 'cause I'm his sister... Yet, at the same time, I don't know what that evil rat did to him for all those years after I left. I don't even know how long he's been here in the first place. I mean, for all I know, he's been here for only a week and has been tortured relentlessly for years... Or maybe he's been here for years and I'e just been to stupid and slow to checking this city first. God, I knew I should have checked her first, but what if I came here and he wasn't here yet? I wouldn't have returned for months, years even, to check again. Maybe this is fate? Meeting Kid on this very day? I don't know if I really believe in fate, but if I hardcore didn't, then this would have changed my mind within the time it takes to snap my fingers.

Around ten minutes later, Kid walks out of the school with six people. I don't see any signs of Crona at first, which makes a wave of anxiety slush around in my gut, but then a sliver of pink hair peeks out from behind the front doors of the school. Crona scoots out from behind his shield of wood and stands there with his eyes locked on the ground, holding his arm like he's embarrassed. He's acting shy again, just like he did when we were kids. A fantastic smile bursts out onto my lips and I can sense eyes on me but I'm too happy to deal with it right now.

"Crona?" My voice squeaks out and Crona looks up faster than that of a bullet being shot from a gun.

His wandering eyes connect with mine and he just studies me, as if he can't tell if he's imagining me or not.

"Kira? I-Is that really y-you?" Crona speaks after a few, aching moments pass.

I leave his question unanswered by words and instead rush straight into his him, crashing into his chest and wrapping my arms around his lean figure. I bury my face into his neck and can feel the waterworks starting up. I just hug him, absorbing the feeling of him in my arms, cherishing this moment as best I can. I've been waiting for this since I was young, and now, years later, my dreams are finally seeing the light of day.

Crona's blushing like crazy and shouts out, "I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with this!"

"It's ok! Just hug me!" I cry out with a laugh.

I feel his bony arms encircle my waist as he rests his head on my shoulder, not knowing what else to do besides close his eyes and nuzzle his face into my neck as I bawl my soul out.

Crona's really here! He's alive! Kid was telling me the truth! Does this mean I'm not going to die today? Well, I mean, thats still always possible... No, don't think about that right now! Get those thoughts out of your head right this instant! Crona's here, that's all that matters, not what happens to me later. For now, just cherish this moment, ok? Who knows what'll happen in the future. What matters is the present, and this is my present, so make the most of it while you can. I'm pretty good at giving advice, huh?