Chapter 5: Dress Shopping

I was walking the hallways of the school with Crona when suddenly, Liz, Patty, Maka, and Tsubaki come bolting from around the corner.

Maka grabbed my arms and forced me to run with them.

"E-Eh?! C-Crona! H-Help me!" I screamed.

Tsubaki went up to Crona and whispered, "We're taking her shopping for a dress for the school dance tonight."

"O-Oh, ok. Can you tell her I said to have fun tonight?" Crona asked.

"Aren't you coming to the dance?" Tsubaki asked.

Crona shook his head, "N-No."

"Oh, well then yeah, I'll tell her!"
Tsubaki smiled and left to catch up with the others.

I was so confused as to what was happening, but just let them take me to where ever they wanted to go.

Once they stopped running, I finally looked up and saw that we were in front of a clothing store.

"Uh, does anyone mind explaining why I was just literally dragged to a clothing store?!" I yelled.

"Listen, there's not a lot of time, but there's a school dance tonight and you need a dress!" Maka answered.

"A dress? A dance? But if it's tonight, then we have plenty of time to shop! Besides, you could have just asked me to come and I would have," I huffed.

The girls huddled into a circle and started whispering to each other.

"Actually, if we want to get Kid's attention, then we've got to do some work, ladies," Liz explained and the others nodded in agreement.

They broke the huddle and faced me. Maka came up to me and linked arms with me, "Let's go, girls!"

We all walked into the store together and we immediately started looking for dresses. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I was interested in more of a dark blueish, blackish color like what my weapon form colors are.

"I've found a perfect dress for me!" Patty pulled a yellow dress with polka dots on it off a rack. "It looks like a giraffe!"

"Patty, why don't you try this," I handed her a pink dress.

"Wow! This looks pretty!" Patty examined the dress.

"Why not try it on?" I suggested.

"Ok!" Patty replied and bounced off to the dressing rooms.

"I've got one!" Liz said and had a red dress in her hands. "I'm going to go try this on!"

"Woah, this is really pretty, but I don't know," Maka held up a black dress.

I walked over, "I think it'll look great on you!"

"You really think so? I guess I can give it a try," Maka shrugged and walked back to the dressing room.

Tsubaki already chose her dress the moment we had stepped into the store, so she was helping me search for a dress while the others were changing.

"This one would look great on you!" Tsubaki said.

My eyes widened a little, the dress was really pretty and it had my weapon colors.