Chapter 23: It's All Over

The words love, hope, life, dream, and bravery appeared on my sword and started glowing.

I leaped into the air and brought my sword down on Medusa. I saw her extremely scared face as I sliced her in half. I landed on the other side, my back to her.

"Well, I was not expecting that," Medusa said as she disintegrated into ash partials.

The others were all gawking at me, but smiles then appeared on their faces as I turned back and saw Medusa disintegrating.

Kid ran over and engulfed me in a hug, spinning me around. He set me down, "You did it, Kira!"

"I-I did?" I asked, not believing Kid.

"Yes!" Kid answered.

I felt lightheaded and collapsed into Kid's arms. Kid looked at me with worried eyes, "Kira?!"

I just smiled back up at Kid, "I-It's over, Kid! We did it!"

"No, you did it," Maka said and the others nodded in agreement.

"T-Thanks, guys," I smiled.

I slowly closed my eyes and passed out. Kid shook me but I wouldn't wake up, "Kira? Kira! Kira?!"

Crona ran over and dropped to his knees down beside us. Ragnarok turned back to his normal self, "Uh, oh! Girl down! Girl down!"

"Not now, Ragnarok!" Crona shushed Ragnarok.

"Let's get her back to the academy," Tsubaki suggested.

The rest nodded and Crona went to pick me up when Kid asked, "May I?"

Crona had a small smile on his face as he nodded and handed me over to Kid. Kid carried me bridal style and they started their journey back to the school.

About halfway through the journey, I woke up. I gazed around and saw Kid carrying me. I blushed but nudged Kid.

Kid saw me awake and beamed, "Kira!"

The others stopped in their tracks and ran to me. Maka stole me out of Kid's arms and gave me a bone crushing hug.

Tsubaki, Liz, and Patty joined Maka and also crushed me in a big group hug.

After laughing with each other for what seemed like eternity, we broke the group hug and went back to walking back to the academy.

I was with Kid again and we held hands as we were walking. I leaned my head on Kid's shoulder and I felt him tense up, but he soon relaxed and squeezed my hand a little.

I smiled and closed my eyes. Soon enough, we had made it back to the academy.

Lord Death, Professor Stein, Ms. Marie, Spirit, and all the students were outside of the school.

They all clapped and cheered when they saw us walking up. Black*Star bowed and pointed at himself, "I am the best around, aren't I?"

We laughed at Black*Star and he turned around, "Hey! What's so funny!"

"You! You're saying you're the best there is!" Maka laughed and Soul was on the ground laughing.

"Well, it's true!" Black*Star frowned.

"But Kira was the one who defeated Medusa, not you," Liz pointed out.

"W-What?!" Black*Star gawked at us.

"It is true, Black*Star," Tsubaki giggled.

"W-Well I know that Kira defeated Medusa! But I still think I'm the best there is!" Black*Star held his head high to the sky.

Lord Death talked to the whole academy, "Students, teachers, I want to make an announcement. I'd like to announce that the witch Medusa was defeated once and for all by Kira!"

The students cheered for me and I blushed I embarrassment. Kid put an arm around me, "You should be proud! You stopped Medusa from hurting everyone!"

I smiled, "I guess I did, huh?"

"Man, you're so cool for defeating Medusa, Kira," Soul pat my back.

"Thanks, guys, really," I felt happy tears form in my eyes.

"Don't cry! You should be happy!" Patty bounced up to me.

"I'm not sad! I'm happy!" I laughed.

"Yay! Kira's happy!" Patty jumped.

"Yeah! I am!" I replied.

Crona walked over to me, "G-Good job, K-Kira."

I hugged Crona and he had shivers run up and down his spine, "Thank you, Crona!"

"F-For what?" Crona asked still shaking.

"For everything! For helping me escape that one night long ago, for teaching me how to control the black blood, for being there for me when I needed a brother!" I smiled.

Crona smiled a little and his shaking ceased, "Y-Your welcome, Kira."

I laughed and Crona laughed slightly as he hugged me tightly to him. I saw Kid smiling and ran over to him.

I pounced on Kid and hugged him. Kid was surprised to say the least but then smiled an even bigger smile. I looked up at Kid with a beaming smile and he blushed.

"You're cute when you blush, you know that," I giggled causing Kid to only blush more.

"It's your fault I'm blushing, you're just so cute and beautiful," Kid smirked knowing it would make me blush, which I did.

I playfully punched Kid, "No fair!"

"Oh, I think that's very fair, I'm only making you blush because you made me blush," Kid sneered.

"It's just like when you're kissing me," I giggled.

"Oh really? You mean like this?" Kid smirked and pressed his lips onto mine.

I blushed madly and Kid pulled back, "Yes! Like that!"

Kid laughed and this time, I pressed my lips onto Kid's. Kid was so surprised I kissed him this time and I saw surprise written all over his face when I pulled back.

"There, now we're even!" I laughed.

Kid was speechless and I laughed some more at Kid's face, "Your face! You look so funny right now!"

"Kira, I love you," Kid smiled.

"I love you too, Kid!" I smiled at Kid.

Our lips connected in another kiss and our lips moved in sync with each other. It was finally over, Medusa was gone, I had many friends, I had my brother back, and I was with the three stripped reaper I love. What could be better?