Chapter 3

*laf's P.O.V*

  I woke up with a massive hangover from last night. My head pounded and I felt sick to my stomach. What happened last night?
Flashes of blurred memories came back to me, drunkly singing with Laurens, Hamilton, and Mulligan. Being dragged back to my room. Falling asleep with (Y/N) in m arms.
Wait.
I loom down to see (Y/N) sound asleep in my arms, with her head resting on my chest. She looked so adorable.
No! Stop it! You shouldn't feel that way towards her, she probably doesn't even like you back.
But it is nice to think that some day we could be together.
She begins to stir in her sleep, I tense up. What if she she wakes up and rejects it ever happened? Your friendship would be ruined for sure!
She stops moving and let's out a sigh.
Should I get up or should I just let it be?
Having my stupid head win over my feelings I very carefully take my arms from her and standing up. I star at her for a while...that sounds creepy.
Draping a blanket over her sleeping frame I sigh and walk out of the room. She'll be fine.
I walk into the court yard where I'm net by my colleges. They each gave me weird looks.
"So," Herc began, "we stopped by your room earlier this morning." He said with a big ass smirk.
I gulp, shit! "A-and?"
"Did you and (Y/N) hook up or something?" Alex plain as day says aloud.
A dark blush forms I my cheeks and I look away.
They all doubled over laughing.
"(Y/N) AND LAFY SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" They sing together.
"Shut up, guys!" I say trying to shut them up.
"Aww, dies our sweet little Frenchman have a little crush?" Laurens teased.
I roll my eyes, "wouldn't you have a problem with it Laurens? She is your twin after all!"
He shrugged, "eh, I couldn't care less. Actually I've been trying to get you two to hook up for a while now."
"You know what, vas te faire encule." I say holding up my middle finger.
Herc and Hamilton let out snorts.
"I am hurt Laf," John teases putting his hand over his heart.
We all double over laughing. Herc hitting John too hard on the back making him fall over which only caused more laughter to erupt through the court yard.
"But seriously," Alex said wiping away a fake tear, "you gotta ask (Y/N) out!"
My face goes blank and I can feel the blush creeping on my cheeks.
"Awwww," Herc smiles, "Lancelot is blushing!"
"Merde," I mumble under my breath.
John and Alex laughed while Herc just looked plain out confused from his lack of French speaking.
Alex then looked at me, or at least I think he did, because he instantly stopped laughing and hit John on the shoulder. My three friends gave each other smug smirks then Alex said;
"Hello (Y/N)."
I gasp slightly, I turn and as it turns out (Y/N) was standing behind me looking rather confused.
"(Y-Y/N)!" I sputter out, "h-how long have you been standing there?"
She shrugged, "not long, only enough to hear that you were blushing, does Lafy have a crush?" She asks walking right next to me.
Herc's smirk grew, "more or less."
The hell is that suppose to mean??
Her eyes lit up and she smiled brightly, "Oho! Who is the lucky lady?" She sia nudging me.
"Um..." I scratch the back of my neck, "just someone I met a while ago who I have grown to like over the years, even though she might not see it." Well it wasn't too much of a lie.
"Aww," she said some of the light dims from her eyes. "Don't worry Laf, I think she'll come around, but hey even if she rejects you then she's not the one." (Y/N) said patting my shoulder.
I smile slightly, "yeah...one day." We star at each other for a while. I got lost in her beautiful eyes, it felt like all time came to a stop for just that moment when our eyes met.
My attention snapped back to reality once I heard one of my friends behind me fake a small cough.
She smiled slightly, "well I'm going to go shower." She said waking past the group, she stopped short and turned back to us, "oh yeah, I had fun last night, even though you guys were drunk off your asses." She giggled and walked away.
"Do you guys even remember last night?" Herc asked.
We all shook our heads.
"We can always ask (Y/N) later then I guess."
I watch with sad eyes as she walks away, she may not see how much I may like her but like she said, maybe one day.

~~~~

*Regular P.O.V*

You feel a little depressed as you walk away from your brother's group of friends. Lafayette liked someone, and probably wasn't even you.
Maybe all the flirting that he did was a French thing, or just him being the goof ball he is. You think to yourself, he was drunk after all.
You sigh as you walk into the rooms where the showers were. They might be too sanitary but hey at least you'll be clean-ish, it's more than you can say for others.
After your shower you are invited by Washington for a privet breakfast and tea. It was quiet nice actually, Washington was more of a father to you than your actual father, who was never really around but when he was he was a total dick.
You walk to your privet tent supplied by Washington. He told you that you were to leave tomorrow since you were in good shape, but to be honest in a way you didn't want to leave.
  Maybe you didn't have to tell your bother and his friends that you were leaving, they'd figure it out probably. Well, at least tell John.
  You grab your bag and start packing some clothes and essentials in it. You didn't know how long you were gonna be gone so you should at least pack a few clothes.
  Gun shots were to be heard nearby. What was happening out there?
  You hear someone scream.
  You feel a panicked, were there British troops in the camp?
  Just as you were about to check someone came rushing into your tent and jumped onto you.
  "LOOK OUT (Y/N)!" You hear the man.
  There was an explosive sound. Someone had just sent off a canon.
  You look up to your rescuer.
  "Oh my gosh, Lafayette are you ok? What's happeni-"
  "Shh." He says putting a finger to your lips.
  The only sound that could be heard were guns and canons.
  He pulled you up, "(Y/N), come on I need to get you to safety." He grabbed your hand and that's when you noticed his leg.
  You gasped, there was blood stains on his left leg, "Laf, your leg!"
  "Never mine my leg mon cherie."
  You yanked him away, no way we're you going to let him go on with his leg in such of a bad shape as it was.
  "No."
  "What?"
  "I'm not going anywhere till I get your leg better."
  He sighed, "(Y/N) we don't have time for this right now."
  "Laf I said-"
  He grabbed your arm and pulled you out of your tent, you tried to pull away but to no avail.
  A canon shot near you two and Lafayette fell to the floor, from the canon and from his leg. He hissed in pain.
  You kneel beside him, "can you get up?"
  He shook his head holding his leg.
  You panicked. What were you going to do??
  British soldiers were drawing closer with their muskets pointed at you and Lafayette.
  You grabbed Lafayette's gun and pointed it at the British soldiers. They burst out laughing at seeing a woman trying to fight.
  Without thinking you shot them. They fell to the floor.
  "What did I just do...?" You mutter to yourself in shock. You just killed three men.
  Your attention went back to Lafayette who was in a worsening condition.
  You try dragging him but he was too heavy for you.
  "HELP!" You yell, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but you could care less right now.
  You see a figure emerge from the smoke. It was Alexander.
  "Laf!" He cried. "What happened?"
  "I think he got shot in the leg, he came to my tent like this."
  "We need to get him to the medical tent."
  "No time! He's loosing blood quickly, I know how to treat bullet wounds I just need you to help me to get him to a safe place."
  He nodded and helped you drag Lafayette away from the fighting.
  Alexander stayed by your side during the entire time, helping you out and getting water and supplies when you needed it.
  "done!" You say finishing the last of the stitches.
  "Ok, stay here with Laf, I am needed back at camp." And with that he left.
  Lafayette was out cold but he looked terrible. His hair messier than usual, dirt and blood all over his body.
  You knew how in pain he was and sadly there wasn't much you could do.
  You ran a hand through his hair.
  "Un duex trois quatre cinq six sept huit neuf." You sang softly.
  You slowly drew closer to him. You knew you should t be doing this, but you let your heart win over you head.
  Before your lips met Laf's eyes slowly opened and you drew away.
  "Vous avez une belle voix." He said softly with a small smile.
  You blush slightly, "thanks. How are you feeling?"
  "I've been better."
  You giggle. "Can you walk?"
  "I can try." He slowly got up with the from you of course.
  "Let's get back to camp."