Chapter 7 - Look Into Your Eyes and the Sky's the Limit/Helpless

The light breeze grazed your shoulders in the cold winter's night as you walked with the Schuyler Sisters up to the front doors to the ball room. You felt a pit of excitement in your stomach as you got closer and closer to the doors. Pushing them open your eyes light up, the ball room was lit up a color blue, a few tables were lit with candles, and a big chandler hung from the high ceiling.
  You felt an arm wrap around yours and you turn your attention to Eliza Schuyler giving you a small smile, "come on let's go in."
  You smile back at her and nodded.
  You entered in and just in the first ten minutes you were standing alone in the back of the room watching as each Schuyler was sweated away from you and was asked to dance.
  "Are you going to be ok?" Eliza asked as a third person had asked her to dance.
  "I'll be fine," you replied giving her a patient smile which she returned as she walked towards the dance floor.
  After a few minutes you heard a familiar voice behind you.
  "Hey (Y/N), what's up."
  You turned to find Alexander alone as well.
  "Hi Alexander I'm fine, how about you?"
  "I'm fine too."
  There was a moment of silence.
  "So Laf hasn't shown up yet huh?" He asked giving you a small nudge.
  You let out a small giggle, "shut up," you playfully punching his arm, "but to answer your question no he hasn't."
  "Well I'm sure he'll be here soon." He said casually leaning against the wall. He looked around the room then back at you, "hey fun question to pass the time, if everyone in this room got stranded on a deserted island who would the leader be?"
  You looked around to room as well, you eyes landed on a Angelica, "maybe my friend Angelica over there. She's a strong and brave girl, I think she would make a good leader."
  Alex nodded in agreement, "maybe maybe, but I was thinking either Washington or that very tall guy over there. He could probably get to all the high places that other people can't." He said pointing to the man who appeared to be the tallest in the room.
  "You mean like the short people like you and I?"
  He put a hand over his chest, "(Y/N), I am offended, I am only 3 feet and 1/2 inches." He said joking and you both burst out laughing.
  "Well Laf, I think they're doing fine without us." You turn look forward to see your brother John standing next to Lafayette.
  "Hmm, I think your right mon ami," Lafayette nods in agreement.
  You smile as Laf walks over to your side wrapping his arm around your waist with the goofiest grin on, "how are you mon amour?" He asked before placing a small kiss on your temple, you smile back at him.
  "I'm less lonely now that your here," you said jokingly.
  "Hey!" You hear Hamilton say nearby.
  "Anyway," Laurens started, "I think we'll leave the love birds alone for now, let them make out or whatever. Let's go" he said motioning with his head towards the door that lead towards the garden in the back. Alex nodded and followed his out.
You turned to see Lafayette looking deep into your eyes, his eyes entrancing with the beautiful brown hue, the light shown in his eyes.
"Would you like to dance, cherie?" He asked taking your hand in his.
"I would love to." You smile up at him as he lead you to the dance floor. "But I must warn you, I'm not the best dancer."
He chuckled, "you're probably not as bad as I am."
"Wanna bet?" You challenged his playfully.
He smirked, "alright, I'll hold you up on it."
The night was spent with failed attempts to dance gracefully by tripping and stepping on each other's feet, even though a few times it seemed as if Lafayette was stepping on your feet on purpose. It turned out that Lafayette was a way worst dancer than you were.
"The stars look beautiful tonight," you said admiring the night sky, the stars shining brightly down on the earth.
  You felt Lafayette's head rest in the crook of your neck as his arms wrapped around you, "as do you Princesse."
  You smile slightly feeling your heart flutter and blush crept up on your cheeks. "Oh stop you."
  "Buts it's the truth." He said nuzzling into your neck, you lilt out a small laugh. "I love the sound of your laugh."
  You blushed again and turned in his arms, "and I love you!" You said poking his nose.
  "je t'aime davantage!" He leaned in close and your lips touched.
  "Aww," you hear the voice of Peggy say from behind you and Laf standing next to Hercules, "they're so cute." Mulligan chuckled.
  You felt Lafayette's arm wrap around your waist as the two of you faced them, "yes we are." He said teasingly. The four of you began to laugh a little.
  "Anyway," Peggy spoke up when her laughing extinguished, "just wanted to let you know (Y/N), we're heading out."
  You nodded, "ok, I'll meet you at the carriage soon." She smiled and left arm locked arms with Mulligan.
  You turned to face Lafayette, "I'm sorry about Peggy."
  "Non non, it's alright. Your brother, Alex, and Mulligan are the same way." He said winking at you, you let out a small giggle. "MayI walk you to your carriage Princesse?"
  You smiled and nodded.
  As you walked through the ball room you noticed Hamilton and John walking towards the same exit you were heading to hand in hand. A small smirk was placed on your lips as you got a feeling that your brother was keeping something from you.
  You felt Laf squeeze your hand and you looked up to him, "what is it min amour?" He asked.
  You squeezed his hand back, "oh it's nothing."
  You walked outside to where the Schuyler's carriage was, they offered to take you and John home after the ball.
  You turned to face Lafayette, "I'll see you tomorrow." You said looking into his deep dark eyes.
  He smiled charmingly and kissed the back of your hand, "I look forward to going to South Carolina with you Princesse."
  You kissed the side of his cheek and ran into your carriage. As your carriage took off you watched as he blew you a kiss and left in his own carriage.