Chapter 5

It had been months since you'd last seen your brother and his friends. While away you resided in Georgia, where you'd intercept British soldiers in attempt to get out as much information as you possibly could. Men were so gullible towards women sometimes, especially if they were big arrogant buffoons.
  The air was beginning to cool down as winter drew closer, and excitement bottled up inside you as you packed your things for the long journey ahead to New York.
  "Leaving already?" A voice called from behind you.
  You turned to see the inn keeper, Mrs. Grassi, a nice old woman and spy for the continental army.
  "Winter is coming Mrs. Grassi, I shall be heading back to General Washington's camp. He's allowing me to stay their for the winter." You reply with a smile.
  She walks into your small room she offered for you a while back as she puts down the lamp she was carrying. "We'll be safe my dear. It was lovely having you stay here, and please give the General my thanks to him."
  "Will do."
  She smiled "I'll meet you down stairs, I also arranged a carriage to take you near the camp so you don't have to walk for so long."
  "Thank you."
  She left.
  You pulled out a pice of parchment and quill and began writing to John Laurens, the only one who you allowed to write to you other than General Washington of course.

My dearest brother,
  You will be happy hear that I will be leaving to where you are set up in camp at the time being for winter. I except for you to get this letter before I get there. Just know that I have been well taken care of and I hope to see you soon.
  (Y/N)
  P.S. Say hi to Lafayette for me please.

  You closed the envelope and made your way downstairs where you met Mrs. Grassi, giving her the letter.
  "Please can you give this to a messenger as soon as possible?" You ask.
  She nodded, "anything for you dear, now be safe alright?"
  You smile, "I will, thank for your wonderful hospitality."
  "Your welcome dear, now get going before the sun rises."
  You smile as you bid her farewell, climbing into the carriage and setting off for New York.

~~~~

The early sun rose in the horizon, the sky a light shade of purple and pink, while casting a hue of orange on the grass.
  The cold air nipped at Lafayette's skin as he and his friends say with each other in camp. Usually they were asleep around around this hour, but today was different. It has been a few days since John had revived (Y/N)'s letter and they all were patiently waiting for arrival.
  "So do you guys have any plans this Christmas? I heard that Washington was going to let some of us have sort leave." Mulligan asked with a small smile on his face.
  Alexander was the first to speak, "I don't know, I don't really have a family to go home to. So I'm probably gonna stay here."
  "Aww come on man," John spoke up lightly punching Alec on the shoulder, "you can hang with (Y/N) and I, we're going to visit South Carolina for a few days after the winter ball and shit."
  "Really?"
  John nodded as they exchanged glances a few times.
  Mulligan turned to Laf ignoring Alexander and John, "so what about you?"
  Laf shrugged, he hadn't really thought about it much. He didn't want to go back to France yet, plus even if he did to visit his family they'd try to make him stay and that's the last thing he'd want to do.
  "Maybe stay here also, what about you mon ami?"
  "Just working on some designs and-"
  "Hey!" John interrupted, "you three can all come with (Y/N) and I since your doing nothing." He smiled looking around the group.
  "Oh but we really shouldn't be intruding-" Lafayette stared but was cut off.
  "Nah, nothing to worry about. Plus our cabin is big enough for us all."
  "Thanks man." Mulligan said.
  "No prob."
  There was a moments silence between the squad, the cold hair was still and footsteps were head from behind them, but none of them cares to see who it was approaching them.
  "What are you good for nothing baboons doing laying around?? We have a revaluation to fight!" A rather annoying sharp voice called from behind them unmistakably recognized as none other than Charles Lee.
  "Lee if you haven't noticed no one is attacking us at the moment." Mulligan let out with a deadpan tone.
  Lee huffed, "well you should be ready for any attack that could come our way!"
  "Says the guys who runs away every time we go into battle." Laurens mumbled loud enough for only his friends to hear, rage slowly fuming inside him.
  They tried not to laugh.
  "What was that Mr. Laurens?!" Lee spat.
  "Oh nothing." Laurens said sarcastically.
  Lee huffed again as he walked away from the group with them all flipping him off with his back turned.
  "God I don't even know why Washington hire that dick!" Alex hissed once lee was out of sight.
  "If anything it should be Lafayette as second in command," Mulligan said.
  "Agreed." Laurens said as Hamilton nodded.
  "Well I don't know about that Amis." Laf said trying to hold back a smile.
  "We should make a petition or something!" Laurens said excitedly.
  "I'd sign it." A voice called, but this time the voice was different. It was a female voice and once the four heard this voice they all felt very excited, they turned their heads to see their favorite (h/c) friend.
  "(Y/N)!!" Laurens exclaimed as he jumped up swooping her into a big hug soon followed by Alex, Herc, and Laf.
  (Y/N) giggled, "it's good to see you all." She said hugging them back.
  They let go after a while allowing her to collect herself, she told them of what Georgia was like and about Mrs. Grassi and the delicious food there and they told her everything that was happening in camp, Alexander doing most of the talking being the loud mouth he is.
  "Well I'm happy everything is going ok, but I've had a long journey and I'm tired." (Y/N) said yawning not a second later.
  Herc pushed Laf forward letting out a fake cough.
  "Um..." He began, "I can walk you to your tent if you want..."
  (Y/N) smiled, "thank you Laf, I'd appreciate it."
  He took her hand making them both blush as he led her away from everyone else as Alex, John, and Herc smiled widely at their friends.
  Lafayette and (Y/N) walked through the camp together hand in hand, their was a brief silence.
  "Excusez-moi, (Y/N) but I have a question for you." Laf said looking down at the (e/c) girl.
  "Yes?"
  Nervousness bottled up inside him, should he ask or no? So many questions raced through his mind and he finally thought of something to say, "are you planning on going to the winter's ball?"
  He could see a light blush firm in her cheeks, "yeah, but no one has asked me yet so o might just go with the Schuyler's."
  Laf nodded. Come on news your chance! He heard Mulligan say in the back of his mind, don't screw this up! But alas, he couldn't think of anything to say.
They reached her tent, (Y/N) turned to Lafayette, their hands still intertwined with each other.
  "Before I go I should ask you, are you going to the ball?" She asked with a hint of hope in her tone and eyes.
  "peut être, I'll have to see. But Laurens invited us with you to the cabin this winter." He said nervously. He mentally smacked himself for being such a dope.
  She smiled, "well I can't wait then," she turned then stopped and tooled back at Lafayette, "I'm going to sleep now."
  He smiled slightly gathering up some courage and placing a light kiss on her cheek lingering here for a few seconds then pulling away to see her blushing like a school girl.
  "See you around." She squeaked.
  "See you..." He said as she walked into her tent letting go of her hand.
  She stood in her tent for a few seconds placing her bags down not sure if she'll be able to fall asleep.

~~~~

A/N: hello! I kinda wanted to make this chapter about the Hamilsquad and introduce lee, but Sorry if it took long to post this. I'm currently trying to suppress my stress for high school registration (9th grade, Ahh!) and listening to Hamilton and Wicked non-stop (HE'S JUST NON-STOP!)Anyway, please leave a comment and vote if you want. Also should I have Laf and the reader confess their love for each other soon or WAIT FOR IT WAIT FOR IT! Lol jokes.