t h i r t e e n ✺ sparkle and fade

I may have started working at Rays Radio four days ago, but I was falling in love with it every single day.

I had dropped the formal look, and today, I went in with a grey cardigan,  a blue tanktop that read "Tampa Bae Baseball" and jeans.

I showed my ID to the security guy, and I went upstairs to Room 9, the room where me, Andre, Kiefer, and Riley met.

Today, I notice that Riley was late.

"Hey, guys." I wave and sit next to Kiefer. "The always-early Riley's late?"

"She got sick." Kiefer said. Today, his apparel was a gray Buccaneers sweatshirt and cargo shorts. "I think Ben Webber impregnated her."

"Not in the workplace, Mr. Tamberelli." Andre shook his head.

Kiefer smirked.

"Anyways, where's your ID?" Andre asked Kiefer. "You're supposed to wear it."

"Ugh." Kiefer groaned. "I hate how I look in the picture. I look like a loser who just got his braces off."

"I'm wearing mine." I show Kiefer. "I don't think you look as bad as me, Kief, believe me."

Kiefer showed me his ID. "You look like a goddess compared to me."

I grin looking at his ID. Kiefer had a smile so big, it made him look like child who just got a lollipop.

"This was so bad." Kiefer sighed, putting the lanyard over his neck. "I need another one of those Emoji stickers to cover my cheesy picture."

I point to the sticker at the corner of Kiefer's ID. The Emoji was the little devil one. (😈).

"Why a devil?" I pointed to the sticker.

"Because under this innocent face," Kiefer pointed to himself, "is a devious mind."

"Alright, here's my question of the day." Andre announced.  He always did a question to start conversations and find things in common. "What's your favorite song at the moment?"

I thought about it. "Diet Soda Society by The Maine. Kiefer?"

Kiefer perked up. "My favorite song at the moment, actually, has always been my favorite. Local God, by Everclear."

"Isn't that from the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack?" I ask.

"Yes!" Kiefer put his hand up for a high-five (which I accepted). "The best song for the best movie."

"You like Romeo & Juliet?"  I ask Kiefer.

"Yeah, that's my guilty pleasure, along with The X-Files and Bob's Burgers."

"I love Bob's Burgers!" I exclaim. "Tina's my spirit animal."

"She's cool." Kiefer nodded. "Only if she were actually real."

"Alright, wrap it up." Andre took his seat. "Today, you two have a big job."

"I haven't had a job in a million years." Kiefer did jazz hands. "Hoo-rah."

"That's enough." Andre scolded Kiefer. "Today, your job is to interview Taylor Motter. He's back on the big leagues, and it's your job to see how he's doing."

"Isn't Motter like, an applesauce company?" Kiefer asked.

I stifle laughter. "Um, Kief, I think it's Mott's."

"Same thing." Kiefer stood up.

"Tamberelli." Andre pointed to Kiefer's ID on the desk. "You'll need your ID."