t w e n t y - s e v e n ✺ love, actually

a.n. YES A MAJOR TIME SKIP. DEAL WITH IT. LOVE YA 💓

one month later

"Babyyy." Chris wraps his arms around me. "It's time to get spooky."

I turn and see Chris in a hideous ghetto outfit.

"That is not spooky. I love you, Chris, but is that how you want to go to the Trop Halloween party?"

"Well." Chris shrugs. "I don't know too many of the newbies. I have a feeling this is going to be awkward."

"You're Chris Archer of all people. You're never awkward."

"I guess. But only because of you, I stay sane."

"Nah-uh, son. You're always sane." I laugh. "Now what are you supposed to be?"

"We are supposed to be rappers. I'm Lil Uzi, and you're Lil Boat. Instead, you're a sexy Thomas the Train and I look more like 50 Cent."

"Lil Train." I wink.

"Let's hop outta here." Chris playfully smacks me. "Choo-choo."

------

"Christopher." Blake Snell smirks as we walk in. "And Christopher's girlfriend."

"Hello, Blake." I wave.

"Don't call me Christopher." Chris laughs. "It's too formal."

"I'm dressed formal." Blake slicks down his suit. "50 Shades of Blake."

"No!" I shook my head.

"She says no cause she wants 50 Shades of Archer."

"I hate y'all." I wave both men off.

"C'mon!" Blake puts up his hands in mock surrender.

"She's kidding, bro."

I walk around, in awe of the decorations that slithered their way around the bleachers, up to the ceiling, smothered onto the ads and scoreboard.

"Riley, right?"

I jump to see Kiefer's girlfriend waving at me.

"It's Rease."

"That's right." She laughs, adjusting her vampire teeth.

"Did you and Kiefer go for a Twilight feel?"

"Not exactly. He wanted to be that Mulder dude from the X-Files, and suggested that I be his Scully. I originally wanted to be a vampire, but after he bought me the 'Scully' outfit, I just kept the teeth."

"Scully the Vampire Slayer?" I laugh.

"Somewhat."

We hear distant whistling, which signaled Kiefer's entrance.

"Hel-lo, ladies." He wraps a supporting arm around Callie's waist. "Like what you see, Reasie?"

"Yes." I nod. "But it looks like Callie does not share your obsession with the X-Files, my friend."

"She doesn't." He rolls his eyes. "But I don't share her love of One Tree Hill. It works."

"Awh, I love One Tree Hill though." I put a hand to my heart. "Those were my formative years, Kief."

"It's so good, right?" Callie remarks.

"Yes, Lord have mercy."

Kiefer pretended to puke. "Gross, teen girl drama."

"Gross, weird alien sci-fi shows." Callie mocked Kiefer.

"Oh, hush." He squeezed her shoulder.

"Rease!" Chris calls me over.

"Looks like I gotta go." I laugh. "See y'all later."

Both Callie and Kiefer waved goodbye and I went over to meet Chris.

"Rease, can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

"Through your brother and your writing, I fell in love with you."

"I'm still shocked you know about my writing." I laugh.

"Anyway, Rease Shaffer, my ultimate goal is to make you happy. And I promise, I promise that I'll make you the happiest girl in the world. You feel?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"Rease, I know that one day, you'll be my happy ending."

"Chris..."

"I want you to be my happy ending. Not today, of course, but one day, super soon."

"I love you so much." I grasp his shirt, and kiss him.

"I love you more."

----

"Brissa, you make me happy." Antoine laced his hand in mine.

"I try."

"You don't try, you do. And this life, our life, is according to us. Him, me. Her, you."

"According to you and I."

"Forever, Bris?"

"Forever."

I smile, reading my last dialogue of the story.

"Rease?" Chris scooched closer to me.

"Yes, Chris?"

"According to me, I fell in love with you. And I couldn't have it any other way."

a.n.

This chapter is a little choppy. I'm sorry.

But I'm also kinda sad to say that this is the last chapter of this book as well.

I would do an epilogue, but I want you guys to dream up a happy ending for Chris and Rease.

Thank you guys so much for reading this story. IT MAY HAVE ENDED TERRIBLY but hey. They're happy, right?

Right now, I have a Lil Yachty story, my baseball imagines, and a suspense story in the works. I'd love for y'all to give those a read 🎀

until then, see ya later!

- Rease