Chapter 3: A Family

Chapter 3

 This pendant. . . I ran outside the hallway, I dropped down again so the two corpses down at the entrance hall don't see me. I ran inside mother's bedroom. 

I placed the pendant on the blood of the screaming woman before. I took steps back. 

The woman appeared. Her face was lightened by seeing her daughter's pendant. "This her pendant. . ." she said. Someone came inside the room. . .her daughter. "Collina!" her mom shouted. "MAMA!" the child who I believe is Collina, ran to her mother's side. They hug out of so much joy.

It certainly is a wonderful sight, a reunited family. "Thank you. Aya." they both said. "Your welcome," I gave a smile, "may you live a happy life." I said. They said one last time, "Thank you. . ." then they both disappeared. 

Thank you. . .Aya. Her mother's words came to me. How come she knew my name? Anyways,

I saw a safe beside mom's writing desk. I haven't seen what's inside it. It's probably full of important things of mom. I don't know the code to unlock it. I went outside.

I remember. The small note I found in the book. I took it from my pocket and looked at it. It says,

"1 Barrels in 1st floor east hall.

 2 Chandeliers in entrance hall

 3 Red dolls in doll room

 4 Paintings in reception room."

A code? I thought. A code for what? I think it means to count the stuff listed in it. Another clue! First, it says, barrels in the 1st floor east hall. But that's where the two corpses are. . .My heart's beating so fast again I could hardly breathe. I got to be brave now. For father and Terra. I walked back to the entrance hallway. I carefully went downstairs without making a noise.

Then I quickly walked to the east hall door. I opened it, went inside then closed it. I see the barrels. I started counting them, 1...2...3...

There were seven of them. I stuff the number 7 in my mind so I don't forget. That's number 1 done. Next is. . .the chandeliers. It's just outside. But I can't count the chandeliers there! The corpses will see me! 

I opened the door carefully and went outside. Closed the door, then tip-toed upstairs. I safely made it. Those corpses did not get a whiff of me. 

Ok alright. The chandeliers are hung on the ceiling, so I can see them clearly. I started counting again, 1...2...3...4... There are four chandeliers. Ok, so that's 7 and 4. Not ringing any bells at all. Anyway, next is the red dolls in the doll room. 

It's located at the west hall, so I have to drop down again. Crawling carefully, I made it to the west hall. Walked past the archives room. Proceeding to through the hall, I hear something. . . Yikes! A corpse is crawling quite fast to me! The corpse looked at me. Eeek! Gotta run! 

Just when I was about to, The corpse went away before I did. "Eh?" why would a corpse be afraid of me? Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? I'm the one who's supposed to-- never mind. I'll just be thankful I wasn't going to get me.

I proceeded through the hall. Went east then west to the doll room door. I opened the door and saw lots of dolls. Some are green, blue, and red. It's said on the note that I have to count the red dolls in this room. I started counting. . . 1...2...3...4.... oh, the red curtain gets me curious. I went to the front and opened the red curtains. I saw two more red dolls. Good thing. I almost missed that. Add them to the number of dolls I counted, 5...6...7...8... there are eight red dolls. Which makes me notice, the dolls here are so detailed and pretty. I went outside and recalled the numbers, 7, 4, 8. . . only one number left.