i miss you

I walked through the long old corridor. My men took steps behind me as we advanced to the cherry red painted door. Once I turned the knob there was Matthew, Andrew, and my father. Dad was driving quietly in the hard wooden chair with his hands in his lap. Matt and Andrew both standing to both of his side's waiting for me to arrive. I grabbed the nearest chair and sat in front of him with such sorrow. My dad was truly growing older. Every wrinkle on his face was being dragged by gravity. His once salt pepper hair was now snow white. And his once alive blue eyes seemed dead. His entire body started vibrating as he covered his mouth. His cough was one of those old coughs-the kind you get when your body is slowly shutting down.

"Dad please" I said not being able to look at him. I wasn't going tk kill my father. But I had to make him think so to find out where Marci was. I knew he had an idea of where Mimi went...but he probably didn't know exactly where she took her.

"Ben I swear I wouldn't let that monster do anything to angel" he said with his voice shaking. I took a deep breath "where did Mimi go the last time you saw her dad" I asked. "Ur mother came to me without angel...she said something about revenge on you going against the family" he said with his voice laced with sorrow. "WHAT FAMILY?!" I screamed at him. "A bitch that dug her way to your fortune and taught me... us how to hate? She only had us to secure a large sum of money don't act like we are a loving family." I spat at him now facing the old peeling pipe disappearing through the floor under us. I wiped the salt water that made its way down my face. With a quick sniffle I turned back around to him-angrier than before.

"Look she has my baby I will kill you for her in a heart beat dad don't test me" I said. Pulling the cold metal out of my jacket. I was done playing games-i was over her games and the nights away from my queen. I wanted this over and at this point my father was a barrier standing in the way. "Son please don't" my dad whimpered putting his head in his hands. He started ringing out loud cries as I stared at him less then amused. "She said she was going to the ranch..but that she wouldn't hurt angel! She knows how much I love her" he said whipping away a tear. I stared at him with a blank face trying to process him giving Mimi the benefit of the doubt. But then it came to me-he didn't know. "You...don't know...do you?" I asked him hesitating a bit. "What should I know Ben?" He asked tiredly as he looked up at me with question. "Mimi burned the shit out my baby when she was only there fucking years old..." I said with my blood pressure rising the more I thought about it. My dad stood up to now be eye to eye with me. He had shrunk in size over the past couple of years making him have to look up at Me slightly. He stared into my eyes and I stared back into his..it was like staring at a mirror many years from now.

"That....that was Mimi?" He asked escaping my space. He looked down at his feet and covered his bald head with his vein filled hand. "She didn't just hurt Tina dad..she did jt to my own daughter.." I said with my voice starting to crack. An earthquake of emotions crashed through my body and the rivers escaped my eyes. A pair of familiar hands wrapped around me. It brought back memories of the times I'd cry from being bullied in school. My dad held me until my cries subsided. I wanted to wake up in the arms of Tina and have her tell me this was all a dream.

"I didn't know sport" he said pulling away from me to take in my features. "I thought a pot of water fell or something..you know..kids being kids" he said lowly. "Mimi took an iron to her chest dad..intentionally. and its my fault" I said feeling the guilt of that day Creep back on me. I could still hear Tina's voice through the phone and I wanted that memory to go away.

"I would have asked...really i would have stepped in i should have done something....if I only knew..." dad said trailing off. "Don't blame yourself you never taught me to hate anyone dad" I said putting my hand on his shoulder in reassurance. "Is there anyway I can help?" He asked clasping his two veiny hands together.