60k

Tina POV

The kids were at my moms and the time was about 7. The sun was still going strong but the days feel was winding down. I havent seen Ben or heard him for the past couple of hours and I could only wonder what the hell he was doing. Rubbing the itch out of my eye my stomach rumbling interrupted my work. Walking down the long wooden hall a pleasant aroma filled the air. Smelled like the pizza Ben makes from scratch. I laughed at myself-I must have been really deprived of food. 

But the closer I came to the back stairs that lead to the kitchen, the stronger the aroma became. With each step I took down the stairs, the louder Ben's movements became. I stood at the second to the bottom of the stairs just watching him move about. He was cleaning off the countertops and moving freshly cut vegetables into the glass Tupperware. I watched him remove the large pizza from the over and take it into the dining room.

Why was he taking it in there? I thought to myself. When he put the last bit of fresh jalapeños in the fridge he jumped at my presence as he closed the stainless steel door. With his hand on his forehead and this deer caught in the headlights look he scowled at me. 

"Tina-baby really I dont know why you keep doing that!" he chastised at me. I couldn't contain my laughter as I stepped down the remainder wooden stairs and put my hands around his waist. I looked up into his eyes with a smile on my face. "whatcha doin?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. He kissed my forehead and answered "making some dinner for us since we havent eaten in-" He paused to look at the large golden watch he had on his wrist "6 whole hours" he finished rubbing my arm. 

"Im actually surprised you havent eaten anything yet are you dizzy?" he asked growing concerned. "no sweetie I had an entire pack of mochi a couple of hours ago" I answered which earned me a stink face. "that shit is nasty" he said now breaking out of our embrace. "Ben its delicious you need to venture out" I said following him into the dining room. "ill stick to my meats-that you dont ever seem to touch" he teased pulling out the victorian chair for me. 

"dont start with me on meat" I said rolling my eyes as I took my seat. I took in the sight before me- the dim lighting that allowed my eyes to rest, the one red rose in the middle of the table and the two glasses of Domaine Leroy Cote de Nuits; my favorite. He took the seat next to me at this dining table that sat 10. I didn't quite know why he was doing this. It was an ordinary wednesday night with nothing significant happening. My mind wonders back to the delicious creation sitting before me. The pizza looked so damn delicious. Reaching for a slice I asked him "Ben what is all of this?" 

Stuffing the slice in my mouth without waiting for response he dug in too. "well-" He started as he continued to chew. "As you know I love you" he said as matter of fact now resting his arm lazily around the back of my chair. Holding the slice of pizza in his other hand he continued "and you are the mother to my children so I just wanted to show my appreciation for you putting up with my shit all these years" he finished kissing my cheek.

My heart swelled-I know how he feels about me but when he shows me and tells me every now and then I fall even more in love with him. I couldn't stop blushing. "you really didn't have to" I said taking a sip of my favorite wine. 

"no I did. and I wanted to. What better time than when the kids are gone" he said with hooded eyes. I ran my hand through his hair and over his ear. "Well- you know I love you too" i said now kissing his scruff. We sat in an extremely comfortable silence  as we devoured the pizza. 

" remember when you wouldn't even talk to me?" he asked chuckling breaking the silence. I shook my head at the memory "of course I do I tried avoiding you for weeks! you wouldn't leave!" I said now laughing. He smiled at the memory looking off into the distance. " I knew you would be the one" he admitted running his tongue over his teeth.