Chapter 9

Let Me Count the Ways,

I look towards the bathroom door as I let my ears direct me towards the sound of stiletto heels clattering against the stone floor. When I glanced up I felt my breath get caught in the back of my throat as I caught sight of someone so beyond the ordinary description of beauty. Stell took my breath away as I caught sight of her in the violet cocktail dress I had brought her for her birthday last year. The long sleeves covered her thin arms as gracefully as the main body of the dress hugged her curves so perfectly as the fabric gathered slightly to cowl in the front. The back did a similar action as the cut was a bit deeper revealing her slender figure slightly more and framing out her shoulders. Along the back line of her shoulders held a line of assorted purple and white gems which made a sort of strap to help keep the back from falling down or slipping anyhow. Falling just above her knees she finished her appearance off with a few assorted length pearls and a pair of beige sparkle heels.

The sight that caught me most was the glimmer in her eye when she saw me looking at her. The only thing that could have made me love her more was if she would believe me and quit hiding behind the mask of her cosmetics. Breaking from my trance as she is waving her hand in front of my face I blink a few times before returning to reality. "Are you ready?" she asks me as she seems quite nervous and yet handling quite well. I nodded as I reach out for her hand and agree, "As I will ever be, not every day I have to tell grandmum who I want to be my wife and the future queen." I swallowed hard as she went ahead to blush and leaned in towards me. She closed the gap between us as she touched her soft rose colored lips to mine gently as she told me softly, "Relax, she has known me my entire life. Besides if we have realized how much one another truly care and love each other she will see and accept that." I nodded as I knew she was right in her usual way of things as I held onto her hand slightly tighter. Looking over towards the door to the main corridor the two of us made our way until I reached out for the handle. "Ready?" I looked over to Stell as I asked as she simply nodded and looped my arm around hers. "As I will ever be" She complied as we walked out into the hall heading down further to grandmum's office.

-Andre

____________________________________________________________

Speaking from the Heart,

Slightly horrifically terrified, I held Andre's hand as if my life slightly depended on holding on to it as the two of us went on to walking further down the hall to his grandmum's office. My heels echoed slightly in the hall as there was a comfortable silence between Andre and I but, a bitter tension within the air as it seemed to get tighter and harder to breathe as we closed in on the office doors.

We were in front of the large white double doors which held accents of gold and silver. Attached on the right side door was a gold knock handle which was more classical as it was a base consisting of a Fleur de Lis surrounded by asymmetric Celtic braids. The handle itself, was decorated with another Celtic braid with silver pearls at the ends. Above which was a gold plate reading, "Her Highness, Queen Claire Maria Winthrup". At that moment I swallowed slightly harder as Andre went onto tap the metal handle once to the door as a familiar female voice responded, "Enter, please."

Andre and I went ahead inside the peach and pink office which held pastel shades of the hues as well as the familiar gold and silver accents along the abundant amount of trim and details.

-Stell

__________________________________________________________________

Let me count the Ways,

Stell seemed nervous as she tightened her grip on my hand only slightly. I understood why but, for me it seemed as bad as telling grandmum I didn't like playing polo in the summer. Since I survived that though, I knew this wouldn't be too bad... I hope.