5. Trouble

Taehyung's POV

"Taehyung ahh..." a familiar voice called out to me

I opened my eyes slowly as i felt my heavy head on someone's lap. Lavender scent... The bright light above me made me squint as i tried adjusting my eyes to the surroundings. I looked at my members faces, puzzled as to why they looked so happy to see me and why am i on the floor.

"You're awake taehyungie, thank goodness, everything is okay now, don't worry" Jin hyung said softly, smiling reassuringly at me

"Wha..What happened?" I asked

"You fainted Tae" Suga hyung said

"Huh... but what about.. what about the showcase??" I panicked, urgently looking around to find a clock. It was 5 o'clock, 2 more hours from our showcase. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Tae, are you able to sit up?" Kookie asked me awkwardly, hinting that i was still laying on his lap.

"Oh right.. Mianhae" I apologised, quickly sitting up.

As i jerked up, my head throbbed once more. The sudden movement made my stomach twist as i felt warm contents quickly forcing their way up my throat, into my mouth. I couldn't control myself in time and ended up puking on the floor and on Jin hyung's shoes. My throat started to burn and the sharp pain in my head came back.

"Oh man..." Suga hyung said loudly as he went out of the room to get a mop to clean up the mess.

"You are alright now, don't worry" Jin hyung continued to assure me despite the disgusting contents spilled all over his shoes.

"Ahh hyung its so painful.." I managed to spit out the words despite my burning throat.

"Where are you hurting taehyungie?" Hobie hyung asked worriedly

"My throat... and my head hurts so bad.. it feels like a knife keeps stabbing the back of my head..." I trailed off as tears dripped down onto my cheeks, uncontrollably

Namjoonie hyung looked at me worriedly and started discussing with the manager hyungs beside him.

Ohmy, please don't... urgh why am i such a weakling. I started swallowing back my tears and used the back of my hands to wipe them off. "But it's okay, i'm fine i can still perform!" I cried out firmly, looking at namjoonie and the manager hyungs earnestly. I was hoping that my words could persuade them but it seems to be of no use as they simply shook their heads.

Namjoon hyung came over to me and said softly, "Taehyungie dear, i think we will have to cancel this showcase... you are too sick to perform..."

"But.. But it's just a minor headache that's all!" I protested, not understanding why they had to make such a big deal out of it, to the point of cancelling the showcase, which meant so much to all of us.

"It's not minor taehyung ah... you were dizzy, you fainted and even vomitted! And you already complained of these headaches for the whole month and it seems to be getting worse isn't it?" Hobie hyung said, freaking out at the seriousness of my condition.

"We can't possibly let you perform, nor can we perform without you, you are worrying us too much.." Jiminie said.

"Arghh but this showcase means so much to us!" I cried out

"Alright, don't argue anymore, we're going to the hospital to get you checked up" manager-nim said sternly.

Helpless, i resigned to my fate as the members supported me up. I didn't realise that I was so weak that i couldn't even stand up and walk by myself.

Namjoonie hyung told Jiminnie and Hobie hyung to get me on the van as the rest help pack the members' bags.

"By the way, i don't see Kookie, where is he?" Jimin asked, looking around as he supported me.

"Aish, where did this kid go. Its ok you guys go first and wait for us at the van, i'll go find him!" Namjoon shouted as he ran out of the room.

Jungkook's POV

"You fainted Tae" Suga hyung said.

I was relieved to see Tae wake up. Tae started panicking about the showcase and frantically wanted to know what time it is now.

Suddenly, a piercing pain shot right through the left side of my chest. Ohno... not again, not when all the members are here... I panicked.

I wasn't able to focus on what Tae was saying as the pain dominated my mind. I clenched my fists tightly to endure the pain. I need to escape, i can't let the members see me in this state and worry about me when they are worried enough seeing Tae like this, I thought.

I heard Tae finishing his sentence.
Yes, this is my chance...!

"Tae, are you able to sit up?" I asked, trying hard to control my voice so that it doesn't quiver from the pain and make the members suspicious.

"Oh right.. Mianhae" Tae apologised, quickly sitting up. Suddenly he started puking.

Now..! My brain shouted to my body.

Amidst the chaos, I was able to leave my original position without any members noticing it. I clutched my right hand on my left chest as i tried to run out of the room. It was too painful and once i was out of the room, i let out a few soft cries "Ahh... ahh.. ahh..." I breathed heavily and my chest hurts with every breath.

"Oh man..." I heard a familiar voice say before footsteps came towards the door. I quickly gathered whatever energy i had left to limp into the toilet. I immediately locked myself in the first cubicle and laid my back against the cubicle's door. Luckily i made it in time before anyone saw me.

Seconds later, i heard someone come into the toilet mumbling "let's see, where is the mop?" It sounded like Suga hyung. He must be here to get a mop to clean up Tae's puke.

My chest muscles tightened again, this time it kept tightening without a break.

Tighten... tighten... tighten...

I gave out a silent cry as i continue holding onto my chest with one hand and covering my mouth in another, hoping that Suga hyung doesn't hear me.

Finally, the sound of the toilet door closing made me release my hands from my mouth. "Ouchh... ahhh it hurts" I cried out. It got more and more painful as every second pass and tears started to fall without me knowing.

The toilet was filled with sounds of my loud sobs, difficult breathing and cries of pain. The crying and sobbing made things worse as my breathing quicken, thus making the pressure of my lungs pound against my heart.

PAIN... I CAN'T BREATHE... HELP ME, my heart and lungs cried out.

Even though i was breathing quickly, it felt like my body wasn't taking in any air at all and i continued to gasp for air...

Like a fish out of water.