9. Unexpected

DAY OF BTS COMEBACK

Today is the day...

Finally...

The day all BTS members has been looking forward to...

The day Jungkook has endured all the pain for...

All the BTS members have finished their makeup and are starting to warm up their voices and run through their dance steps. BTS is the last performer on the music show today and hence, they had more time for practice. Jungkook gulped down the remaining mouthful from his third can of red bull. He never really liked the taste of red bull but he has to admit that it does give him the boost of energy he so desperately needs. One can is definitely not enough for his very weak body and so he downed three cans in one go.

He felt more energised instantly and started joining the rest for practice.

"Hey Kookie, you are looking better today uh?" J-hope commented.

"Nae hyung of course, today is our big day!!" Jungkook said excitedly.

It has been a long while since he had the energy to be this excited. This boost of energy gave him the motivation to do his best for their comeback stage today and he was excited that he could perform with his hyungs again.

J-hope, Namjoon and Jimin eyed each other with a puzzled look. It was weird that Jungkook, who was dead quiet for the past week, suddenly changed back into the bubbly and cheerful maknae he used to be. Anyhow, they were happy to see Jungkook back to his normal self.

After rehearsing for a few rounds, they went to take a short break before proceeding backstage.

Backstage

Jungkook's POV

It was finally our turn to stand on the long-awaited stage! I was really excited and i felt my heart beating fast. Its rhythm felt a little irregular, but I suppose it is just because i'm too nervous and excited, i thought, brushing off any negative thoughts.

I am truly happy today. To be able to endure until this day where i can perform with my hyungs together is just like a dream come true! I almost thought that i couldn't hang on any longer but our comeback is finally here! I was excited imagining us standing on stage as a complete BTS, showing the world what we are made of and finally meeting our ARMYs again. The sides of my lips raised unconsciously and I was smiling like a little kid who has just received a lollipop.

Suga hyung looked at me and said "Yah maknae, are you so happy that you have to smile like that? You look like a pabo yah"

When i flashed him another wide smile again saying "Uh-huh hyung" he simply chuckled lightly like a proud dad.

Suga's POV

It was our turn to go up on stage 5 minutes later. Kookie suddenly came over to me and held my hands tightly. His hands were cold and I could feel that he was trembling a little.

"Kookie ah, are you ok?" I asked, looking at him with a concerned look.

"Umm hyung, i think i'm kind of nervous? My heart is beating so quickly..." Jungkook said, his voice quivering a little.

"Kookie yah" I said as softly as i could, "You are GOOD, have confidence in yourself and just perform charismatically like how you usually do!" I comforted the maknae while stroking his hands softly.

"Umm nae hyung, i'll try" Kookie bit his lips nervously.

With that, it was our turn to go onto the stage to perform.