7. Worsen

Another week later, Taehyung's hearing recovered 85%, leaving only another 15% more before he fully regains his hearing. He could hear quite well now and was recovering well but the members still insisted on following with the routine to visit him so that he wouldn't be too lonely in the hospital.

Narrator's POV

Jungkook woke up, opening his big doed eyes. His head was right beside Taehyung's body on the hospital bed as he slept sitting down on the chair. Bright light shone through the windows and it was already morning. Jungkook was supposed to be on the afternoon shift yesterday but ended up falling asleep in the hospital instead of going back to the dorm after his shift. Even though he slept for a long 14 hours, he still felt very tired. Lately, no matter how much he rested, he never seem to be able to get rid of that constant fatigue. Also he felt his hands and legs go numb, probably due to staying in the same position for 14 hours.

As Jungkook was deep in his thoughts, he suddenly felt a warm touch on his hands. Turning around, he saw Taehyung flashing him his sweet morning smile. "Morning, Kookie ah, did you sleep well?" He asked as he stroked Jungkook's hands. His warm hands felt so good against Jungkook's cold hands.

Seeing Taehyung smile just made Jungkook forget all those negative thoughts and the light constant pain. "Yep Tae, I did" Jungkook replied as he flashed him a smile back. "But Kookie, why are your hands so cold? Also, i noticed that your eyebags are getting darker by the day and your complexion doesn't seem so good... are you feeling sick?" Taehyung asked, feeling concerned.

Jungkook was surprised by how much Taehyung has observed him to know all these. Am i really in such a bad state like what Tae described? Jungkook wondered.

"Ahh no hyung, i'm feeling fine. And hey i should be asking you this question instead! You are the one in the hospital remember?" Jungkook replied, trying to divert the topic. Fortunately, Taehyung easily got distracted by the teasing and gave a light chuckle.

"Ohh but why are you still here? Shouldn't you have gone back to the dorm last evening?" Taehyung questioned.

"Ohyeah, about that, i fell asleep on your bed and once i woke up, its morning already..." Jungkook said.

"What?? So you slept here for 14 hours with me? Are you a pig or what?" Taehyung smirked as he managed to use this chance to attack the maknae.

Not willing to be defeated, the maknae fought back, "Hey you slept for 14 hours too! You are also a pig!"

"Excuse me, I can't help it you know, i'm a sick patient who's brain just shuts down to recover from his surgery" Taehyung said sarcastically. "Besides, you're a healthy person, wait no, more like a healthy pig" he continued teasing the maknae.

Jungkook's POV

Healthy... am i really healthy..? I thought after hearing what Tae said. I was pretty sure that something is wrong with me but i just didn't have the courage to face it. I was afraid that facing it would mean affecting the whole team and worrying the hyungs whom i love so deeply. I already saw how Tae's illness affected the whole team, I did not want to worry my tired hyungs even more. I just couldn't afford sacrificing the team's success just because of me. I couldn't bear to see my hyungs suffer, worry and take care of me when they are already so exhausted. I didn't want to be a burden to my hyungs...

"Yah, did you get speechless at what i just said?" Tae said, pulling me out of my thoughts. He said it in a teasing tone but I could hear a tinge on concern in his deep voice.

"Who says! Tae, you are a pabo! Merong~" I attacked, sticking out my tounge to mock Tae.

Tae then rolled his eyes sarcastically and both of us ended up having a great laugh.

Taehyung's POV

"Kookie, can you bring me out for a walk before Suga hyung comes?" I pleaded, looking earnestly at the maknae for approval.

"Araseoyo hyung, but you must sit in the wheelchair because i'm afraid that you might faint again" maknae said. I pouted, a little disappointed but then decided to go with his suggestion because i was too desperate to get out of the boring hospital for some fresh air.

Kookie pushed me in my wheelchair as we went out to the nearby park for a walk. I breathed in deeply and smiled when i smell the fragrance of the flowers and hear the sounds of birds chirping.

As i let the beauty of the park mesmerize me, I suddenly thought of the members. Ahh all of them took care of me so well ever since i was hopitalized and they never failed to come visit me no matter how tired they are, I thought, feeling a huge wave of warmth over my heart.

"Kookie ah, thankyou for taking care of me. Even though i don't say it often, but I love you guys alot" I confessed my true feelings to the maknae, focusing my view into the far distance so that i could distract myself from blushing at my own confession.

There was a long moment of silence and I thought, perhaps Kookie is just too embarassed to reply anything. Afterall, the hyungs seldom confessed such deep feelings to the maknae as he still seemed like a little kid to them.

Jungkook's POV

As Tae was engrossed in enjoying the beauty of the morning in the park, the familar and scary feeling came back once again.

Tightens, throbs, tightens, pierce, tightens..

My face changed instantly from a cheerful look to a look of intense pain and suffering. My eyebrows furrowed hard and I closed my eyes shut, trying to concentrate on enduring the pain. Wrinkles appeared in the corner of my eyes as i shut them tightly. I habitually put my hand on my heart to apply pressure on it. Even though it was of no use, at least my hands have something to hold onto in reaction to the pain.

I heard Tae said some words in a blur and then his deep voice echoed through my head as i heard the last phrase very clearly "I love you guys alot..."

Tae, i love you guys too... so much.. so so much, I said, in my brain. I was trying to gain strength from thinking about the members to overcome yet another wave of tightening and pain attack on my heart.

Luckily, it was a rather short wave and the thought of the members did give me more energy to go through all this. I have been going through these attacks more and more often lately, as it would happen at least twice every day. I was tired of this painful routine and was unsure of how much longer i could hold on. My body feels weaker every day and the pain on my heart intensifies at every new attack.

Yah! Jeon Jung Kook don't weaken with those thoughts, you have to stay strong and endure for the sake of your hyungs, your members, your second family...

"Kookie ah, let's go back now, i think Suga hyung is reaching soon" Tae said awkwardly turning his head to look me in the eye.

"Keurae, let's go" I smiled weakly at Tae.