Chapter 3: Pretend that's blush and not embarrassment

Her mind froze in shock. Kaylie-fricking-Hanson was here. In Ashwick Creek. Just...no. It wasn't possible. Probably her brain playing tricks on her. She wanted to see Kaylie so badly, she deluded herself into thinking she really had. And yet...

That hair touching her lower back-long and sleek and so black it almost looked blue-was Kaylie's signature. It's what made her, well...her. That's when Lenox realized this was no trick. Kaylie was real and standing ten feet away from her.

She must have made a sound because all of a sudden Callen glanced her way. If she wasn't in shock she might have been flattered by the grin he sent her, but instead her body started to go numb. Her hand which was holding the milk jug started to go lax and it slipped through her fingers. Lenox knew what was happening, but was unable to stop to it. All she could do was look in horror as the jug hit the floor, milk exploding everywhere.

Time seemed to stand still as everyone in the store stopped what they were doing and stared. Including Kaylie. Lenox didn't know what was worse. Making a fool of herself in front of her idol, or the hot guy she just met. Maybe she should make a break for it. Run straight back to New York and pretend she wasn't a complete klutz.

"You okay?" Callen asked as he rushed over.

If by okay he meant not being able to breathe then, yes, she was okay. More than okay. She was great. Her favorite YouTuber was here and she was about to meet her for the first time and-oh God. Lenox tried sucking in air but somehow she forgot how to breathe. Was this what a panic attack felt like? The lightheadedness? The uncontrollable shaking?

"Lenox?" A worried look.

She barely felt him put his hands on her as he guided her away from the mess on the floor. She knew she should say something, assure him she was alright, but all she could concentrate on was Kaylie who was walking over.

"She okay?" Kaylie asked Callen.

But before he could respond, Lenox blurted out, "You're Kaylie right? From Kisses with Kaylie?"

A surprised look on Kaylie's face. "That's me." She glanced at Callen who was still holding Lenox's arm. "I think you can let go of her now."

"What?" Callen asked. Then he looked down and jumped back, dropping his arm. "Sorry. Sorry. I didn't mean..." He looked away seeming embarrassed and a little stunned.

Lenox wondered why. Was he shocked that he got caught two-timing? Although why anyone would cheat on Kaylie was beyond her. Kaylie was fun and outgoing. In her videos and Snapchat, she always seemed like the life of the party.

However, now that she thought about it, Kaylie didn't appear jealous. In fact, she looked more amused than anything else. Regardless, Lenox wanted to assure her she had no designs on Kaylie's guy, but as she glanced at Kaylie, her inner fangirl re-surfaced and all she could do was gush. "I'm a huge, huge fan. I've watched every single video on your channel. Even the ones you made in the very beginning. They're amazing. You're amazing."

"Well, thank you. I can't believe you've watched every video. There has to be at least two-hundred. That's so awesome." Kaylie's eyes twinkled as they slid to Callen. "Isn't that awesome?" However, Callen looked like it was anything but.

"I just can't believe you're here. I mean of all places. Jennings Market. What are the odds?" Lenox marveled. Wait until she told Molly. She would be sick with envy.

"Yeah, what are the odds," Callen grunted.

Kaylie shot him a pointed look. "Not that odd considering."

What did that mean? Lenox felt like she was missing a crucial part of the conversation. She waited for them to expand but neither said anything. They were too busy locked in a silent conversation. Starting to feel the third wheel, she cleared her throat. "I'm Lenox, by the way."