2 Months Later

[2 months later]
Tobias' POV

Walking into the school, leaving the October breeze outside, I start walking down the hall with my headphones in, music blasting. I wasn't in the mood to hear the latest high school chatter ; homecoming. One of the few dances this school actually funds and that every class takes way too serious. It was something freshman's we're eager to go to and senior just went to for the hell of it. I mean, it's our last year, might as well go out with zero regrets and have a blast.

Although, it seemed like I was the only senior not talking about it. My friends were, my little sister was, my parents, my teachers, everyone but me. I just didn't want to be around happy people when I wasn't feeling happy. I haven't been, for a while now.

"Tobias!" Turning my head, I came face to face with Angie. She was one of Ethan's friends. She approached me with a flyer, "As you know, being apart of the Student Council, I have to do my council duties and pass out homecoming flyers, so take one." She announced as she tried to hand me a flyer.

"Uh, I'm not interested."

"uh, I really don't care. I have to pass out fifty by the end of lunch so even if you're not interested. . . take one."This time she wasn't giving me an option and was practically forcing me to take one. So, to not be on any girls bad side, I took a flyer, "Thank you!" she said with a overly-cheesy smile.

"Yea ... wait!"

She turned and looked at me again, "Yes tobias?"

"How's Ethan?" ugh, I couldn't stop myself. I had to ask. Just by looking at her reaction, I'm guessing I threw myself under the bus.

"What do you mean 'How's Ethan?' How did you even know he was feeling sad?"

shit. I guess he didn't tell her about me. Why would he? He cared enough to keep things between us because he didn't want to hurt me.

"He uh. . . looked pretty upset during gym class, that's why." She looked like she wasn't buying the excuse I gave but brushed it off anyway.

"Oh, well he's fine. Managing over some anonymous heartbreak." she sighed. I could tell she was clueless to the situation but was still trying to be there for him. She was a good friend. I don't know why Michelle would ever stop being friends with her.

"Okay well, Don't mention that I asked. Thanks." Before she could respond, I walked away and went to my next class.

+

    My days routine became the usual; Get to class on time, avoid Ethan, Talk to friends, Go home. I didn't do anything more or anything less. In the beginning, "Avoiding Ethan" wasn't on the list but after countless times of trying to talk to him, and seeing how he wouldn't budge, I quite. I had enough on my shoulders with school and my break up with Michelle.

    Although, these last few months, Michelle hasn't been on my mind. Ethan has. He's always on my mind. Even when I try to avoid him in the halls or in class, I can't help but see him and want to kiss him. I swear, It was like a sickness.

   During lunch, all everyone was talking about was homecoming.

   "You going, T?" Cameron asked.

    "I don't know yet."

   "Come on ! Dylan's our ride there. We were gonna go spark right after and then go to Ronnie's after party." Of course, Ronnie and his parties. I mean, It didn't sound like a bad idea.

    "When's homecoming again?" Ugh, I'm really considering this right now.

    "This Saturday."

    "I mean, I do have a suit just sitting in my closet..." They all were staring me down, just waiting for me to say yes, "... I guess." I sighed.

   "Yeahhh!" they all shouted. We always did things as a group, I wasn't going to miss a night with my boys because I was sad over the Ethan situation. I'm tired of being sad! Tonight, I'm going to let loose and have fun!

   The old Tobias was ready to play.

_______
A/N
After being gone for sooooo long, i'm back!!!!!

I do want to mention how sorry I am for practically going ghost and not giving you guys an explanation for my absence.

A lot was happening in my life that affected my time to writing and posting for you guys.

BUT IM BACKKK!!! Hopefully you guys didn't give up on me, or this story !