Go Get Your Man !

Tobias' POV

Posing for what felt like the millionth picture, I finally released my face from a smile. Parent's are that obsessed with Homecoming pictures.

"Okay mom! We have to go." Carly whined. Carly was my date to homecoming. It wasn't like a serious date, I just didn't want to go by myself and she didn't either. Although our first encounter at Ronnie's back to school party was, a little rushed, we put that behind us and decided to just have a friends homecoming.

    "Okay okay! Be safe! Have fun kids." her way to friendly, of a mother said. We bid our goodbyes and joined everyone in the limo we each chipped in to get. I know, it's just homecoming, but we're seniors so we had to go all out.

+

Walking in, the room was lit up with fairy lights and decorated in the simplicity of white and jewels. Not bad. I mentally applauded the Student Council on not making homecoming look. . . ew.

"Alright so what do we do now?" Carly asked. We were standing near the entrance of the room. Looking at Carly, I felt sort of weird. Almost like a detachment from what I really wanted. Yeah, we've been cool after the whole drunk hookup thing but I didn't know what to do with her.

"Everyone got a table in the corner, maybe we should join them." Right as we were about to join everyone, I heard someone speak.

"Wow, Angie, I'm impressed." A voice I recognized way to well, spoke.

Like a reflex, I turned around and saw Ethan. He was wearing a navy blue turtle neck, dark slacks, and black dress shoes. My eyes practically lit up at the sight of him. The feeling from when I saw him at the mall came back to haunt me. I wanted nothing more than to speak to him, but I just knew he wanted nothing to do with me anymore.

"Tobias? You coming?" snapping back to reality, I looked at Carly and we made our way to everybody at the table.

+

Homecoming was probably the worst idea I ever planned.

Carly had found herself a guy to entertain her since I clearly wasn't doing it for her, All my friends were grinding with their dates on the dance floor. All I could do was look at Ethan while he danced and had fun with all his friends.

What happened to "The old Tobias making an appearance?" Well, clearly that Tobias is too busy sapping about a guy. That's all he seems to be doing these days.

"Hey man!" I looked up and saw Ronnie with his newly shaved head. He decided last minute to shave it all off. It was a look I was surprisingly okay with, "You okay?"

"Yeah- yeah. I'm just. . . tired."

"It's only 9." He laughed at my pathetic lie. shit

"Yeah, that was a stupid excuse."

It was quiet for some time. I was stuck wondering why he even came up to me? Was it to silencing laugh at my moping?

"So. . . is there a reason why you're just here. . . in the corner. . . having no fun at all?" He asked sarcastically.