Make It Make Sense

Ethan's POV

    He was beautiful. His skin the shade of caramel, soft and smooth. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. The way his teeth shined when he smiled, the way his cheeks creased to show his dimples. How tall and muscular he was, yet he wasn't scary looking.

He was everything. Jeremiah Fuley was everything.

I still remember the day we made eye contact for more than 2 seconds. Which if you think about it, is quite a long time. It was the same day he said his first words to me.

"Coming to the game? Tickets on sale today. Three dollars today, Five dollars at the door." He spoke with so much enthusiasm, I didn't know how to respond. Five dollars? Our school wasn't even that good at football. He was one of the few good players we had.

"uh, I think I'm going to sit this one out, thanks though." I figured that would be the end of our conversation, and yet he kept pursuing.

"Oh come on! It's going to be epic, everyone's going."

"I have other plans." Our first conversation and I already told a lie. I didn't have any plans but staying home sounded much nicer than being around people I didn't like, sitting on cold bleachers, watching a sport I also didn't really like.

"Oh really?" he said sarcastically, "What plans?" My eyes widened in guilt. I am not a good liar. How am I supposed to save this?

"Y'know. . . just plans." I was walking away at this point, hoping he'd just drop the topic and go around telling other people about the ticket sale. I never thought I'd be the one to run away from a conversation with Jeremiah but this also wasn't the conversation I had painted in my head.

"Okay, okay. . . I can't argue that." He spoke once again, only this time getting in front of me, to stop me from walking away. He's never been this close
to me, the smell of vanilla suddenly passed me with ease. He even smells good. I had almost forgot he was talking, "— How about you ditch the plans and come to the game? We need to raise as much money as we can for SGA."

And for a second I thought he just wanted me there. At least now I know it's just for funding.

"Well if you just need it for funding. . . I'll donate three dollars and go about my day."

Then, something in his eyes changed. He licked his lips ever so slightly and looked me up and down.

"Well maybe. . . just maybe, I wanted to see you on the bleachers cheering me on."

Woah. Did he just. . .

"— the team on! sorry, I definitely meant the team." God, this boy knows what he's doing. . . and it's working. Why am I like this? I'd do anything to make him happy, so here I am, contemplating my lunch money for some stupid ticket.

". . . Okay, I'll think about it."

"Yes! Okay perfect, they're selling tickets during lunch. . . I better see you in those lines."

Like clockwork, the bell rang and he left for class. There I was, stuck in my tracks, wondering how the hell did all of that happen and I didn't internally implode.

    During lunch, I was practically first in line to buy that ticket. Some stupid ticket to see some boy I was madly infatuated with. I looked over, and could see him sitting with all his friends at a lunch table. All the football boys and a few girls, gathered around listening to what he had to say.

    Then suddenly as he spoke, his eyes met mine. No one noticed; everyone all caught up in his words, they didn't realize his eyes were on me, mine on his.