Churn of Events

((I wrote many of these snippets many years ago, so some may not make sense. Also they are very short, most I wrote on index cards. Thanks for reading!))

'Shoot me...just get it over with...' I pleaded, not opening my eyes. I couldn't understand why he tortured me like this. Driving me insane to the point of hearing voices must've been their plan.

I waited for my arms to be tied together, or a hand to violently strike my face...but nothing came.

"Leave her." A powerful voice commanded. I opened my eyes and gazed upon the tall, ruthless man of whom I'd seen only once before. I knew not of his name, or rank in the situation, but he seemed to be giving commands.

"Rise." He demanded. I complied, willing my weak and wobbly legs to lift me off the dirty floor.

"What's your name?" He asked. His eyes raked over my body, examining me in a very unsettling way.

"N-Natalie...sir." I replied nervously. He grinned at my words and chuckled.

"Very well Natalie. I have a proposition for you..." The man sneered. His black eyes pierced like daggers into my own. I very much wanted to and didn't want to know what kind of proposition this man would offer me. But if it was my only trip out of the dungeons...maybe I would take it.