Chapter 4

After a lot of arguments and yelling, the kids finally decided to go to Mineville. Ty was against it, personally, but he went wherever they went.

The twelve kids were now in the train station in New Block City. It was very busy, because a lot of people were trying to leave. The kids didn't have any adults with them, and they weren't sure how they would get on the train.

"Does anyone have any emeralds?" Stampy asked.

The kids shook their heads. Without emeralds, they couldn't pay to get on the train.

"Guys, we're gonna have to sneak onto the train," Adam said in a low voice, so no adults heard them.

"We can't do that!" Dan exclaimed. "We could get arres--"

Jerome slapped a hand over his mouth as a security guard walked by, eying the kids suspiciously.

"There's a car with farm animals on it farther down the track," Jordan said. "We're gonna have to ride in that so no one finds us."

"I am not riding with a bunch of animals," Jen protested, crossing her arms.

"Come on, Jen," Pat said. "It's the only way we can find that man."

"Fine." She muttered something under her breath.

"Alright. Let's go," Adam said. The kids walked over to the train rails. From where they were, they couldn't get inside the animal car, unless they went through the train. They would have to go out a door that said "NO ENTRY", then get onto the animal car from the outside.

The kids nonchalantly walked over to the door. Ty scanned the area for security guards. None were looking their way.

The kids opened the door and ran outside.

Outside, the ground was mostly gravel. There were train tracks, with the long train on it, waiting to board passengers. The second to last car was a big black box that said "LIVESTOCK"on it. The door was a large slab of black clay, which could be moved aside after moving the bar that locked it.

There were no people around, so the kids walked over to the animal car.

"Are we sure we want to do this?" Seto asked. "What if the man doesn't even go to Mineville?"

"I have a feeling in my gut telling me he is," Jason answered.

Seto rolled his eyes and muttered something as Mitch, Jerome, and Adam went up to the door. Adam pushed the bar out of the way, and Mitch and Jerome heaved the door open.

The stench was the first thing Ty noticed. It smelled horrible. Pigs, cows, chickens, horses, donkeys, and sheep were not very sanitary.

"I changed my mind. I am not going in there," Jen stated.

"Come on, it's not that bad!" Jerome exclaimed, swinging off the door and inside. Mitch followed, a grin on his face.

Stampy and Squid walked inside next, followed by Jason, Seto, and a hesitant Dan.

Jordan, Pat, Adam, and Ty remained outside.

"Jennnnnnnn! Pleeeeeeeeassseeeeee?" Pat whined.

Jen shook her head. "Unh-uh."