Chapter 7

"That's a great name!" Adam exclaimed.

"Alright, so we all have our aliases," Seto said. "Now, if anyone ever captures us and tries to ask who we are, we'll tell them our fake names."

"Sounds kinda dumb to me," Mitch muttered.

"What?" Seto asked.

"I'm just saying, nobody knows who we are anyway," Mitch replied. "So there's no real point to these aliases."

"Oh yeah? What if the evil guy catches us? What are we gonna do then?" Seto asked.

"Probably die," Mitch answered.

Seto opened his mouth to argue, but couldn't think of anything to say. But he didn't have to, because a sudden commotion downstairs interrupted them.

"That sounds like..." Jordan trailed off.

Ty realized what the commotion was.

"Monsters," Dan finished.

The kids watched as a small army of monsters marched up the stairs.

And they all had red eyes.

Adam drew his gold sword and stood up. The rest of the kids hesitated, but then pulled out their iron swords as well and stood.

Ty was last, with the diamond sword he had barely been able to use against that Zombie back at Mojang Training Center. But now, he was ready.

The monster army--which consisted of Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Slimes, Creepers, and Endermen--approached them. There were at least thirty monsters at all.

The monsters were upon them, and attacked. The kids fought back.

A Spider scuttled towards Ty. This time, he made sure he swung his diamond sword before the Spider leapt.

He did that, and the Spider jumped right into Ty's slicing blade. It was cut in half.

Ty looked at his diamond sword in awe. He was actually really good with this.

A Zombie came towards Ty, and he swung the sword with as much power as possible.

The blade connected with the Zombie's midsection, and it died. Ty laughed. He then charged at a Skeleton that was shooting at Jen.

Jen dodged the arrows, trying not to get shot. An arrow flew towards her face, and she held her sword out to block it.

The arrow stuck to her sword, and Jen lowered it, gazing at it in awe. Suddenly, she heard a hissing noise behind her.

"Look out!" someone shouted. Jen was tackled to the side as an explosion went off right where she had been standing.

The rescuer landed on top of Jen. Jen realized who it was.

Pat.

"You saved me," Jen said.

"Well duh, I'm your best friend," Pat replied. They stared into each other's eyes. "Plus, I have a lot of OPness," he added with a grin.

Jen groaned and pushed Pat off her.

Meanwhile, Adam was a blur as he ran through the monsters, slicing at whatever got in his way. His gold sword wasn't enough to kill them in one hit, but he still injured most of them.