hyun ♕ the unconventional

❝you can hang your
noose right next to mine.❞

B A S I C S
Name: Iseul Hyun
Age: 18 years old
Ethnicity: Korean
Weight: 145 lbs [65 kg]
Height: 5'10" [165 cm]
Hair: Black ; bleached white
Eyes: Brown
Sex/Gender: Male
Sexuality: Bisexual
Insanity: Dances with the Dead

T H E I R    D A R K N E S S
Although his love for the afterlife doesn't go as far as necrophilia, Hyun has always been obsessed with death and "what comes after." He thinks of corpses as toys and death as just another step in the cycle. He has never killed people, only animals as a child, and may trope around graveyards on occasion.

A P P E A R A N C E
Standing at average height, Hyun is considerably scrawnier than his brother. He sometimes looks underfed, which he enjoys as part of his "dead" look. He's most often seen wearing flannels and loose cotton v-necks along with flexible pants, as it's what's most comfortable to him. Hyun ended up bleaching his hair white as he hated being mistaken for his brother so often. Even so, he likes the way it makes him look dead and washed out with the lack of contrast between his skin and hair.

F A M I L Y ✄ fraternal twin brother: Jin

F A M I L Y
✄ fraternal twin brother: Jin

F R I E N D S
✄ neighbor: Mila Vivoch
✄ best friend: Riz Lennix
✄ casual friend: Darren Lennix

R E L A T I O N S H I P
✄ None

P E R S O N A L I T Y
Hyun is a baby. He is very dorky and goofs around a lot, almost always having a smile on his face. Though his obsession with graves and death may make him seem like he should look and act a little more dark and ominous, he's much more light-hearted than his illness would expect. Like a lot of kids his age, he loves video games, music, and graphic novels, almost as if he was perfectly normal. However he tries, very, very desperately hard to hide his obscurity because he knows he would be shunned for it and can't fathom being alive and alone.

F A V O R I T E S
Color: Brown
Food: Mac & cheese
Music: K-Pop

L I K E S
✄ music; video games; comics & manga; the night sky--he and Riz often talk about going to the Midwest where the sky is close and the stars are very visible, giving in to their mutual love of the night; bugs; camping & sleeping outside; graves and cemeteries

D I S L I K E S
✄ too hot or sunshiny of weather; real books; being asked questions on the spot; being put under pressure

B A C K S T O R Y
Jin and his brother were born under very confusing parents. Both mother and father were addicts and alcoholics living in a cramped tenant apartment. His mother died when they were very young, which caused his father to have to raise them alone as well as he could - which wasn't well at all. Hyun was used to growing up in his brother's shadow; Jin was constantly the one trying to kill their father and "save" them. Of course that was unnecessary, since their father ran away when they were fifteen years old.

It wasn't until Hyun has learned of Jin's murderous nature that Hyun himself became so fascinated with death. He began egging on his brother just because he was eager to watch someone die; the idea of watching life move on was fascinating to him, but he didn't have the courage to kill a human himself. He'd start small with rats and rabbits he found around the city, and he would later bury them and revisit the graves he made them. A few months after that started, he began to talk to the graves, too. Hopefully one day they'll talk back.

T U R N   O N S / O F F S Hyun like partners who have a fascination with or look a little dead too; i

T U R N O N S / O F F S
Hyun like partners who have a fascination with or look a little dead too; i.e. he likes small, skinny partners with minimal makeup or clothing to hide beneath and a sort of sleepless look. As for personality, Hyun is an adaptable person. However he does not like the preppy jock or cheerleader type; almost anything is better than that.

T H E I R   K I N K S
Though he's not as drastic as his brother, Hyun does like a bit of blood or roughness. Biting, breaking skin, and bruises are very exciting to him, but only as long as it doesn't get carried away. After all he is a bit of a baby - most likely, he's pretty submissive.

O T H E R
✄ Although he's too scared to die, he dreams of it. Anything can be better than the life he's living now, right?

S O U N D T R A C K
✄ "Darkling" - Die Antwoord ♕