Chapter Twenty Three

Levi and the rest of the squad leaders and I sat at our own table in the mess hall. The laughs and giggles from all the new and old cadets. Cadets were scattered all over for the last 30 minutes they had before the first official training. I sat next to Levi as he sips at his tea, leaning against him, admiring my ring.

"How am I suppose to fight with this?" I ask softly turning it around my finger.

"You can take it off before we go on expeditions." He says monotone. As he goes to set his tea down I pick it up and take a sip before sitting up fast and coughing harshly.

"Ew what the hell?!" I say spitting to the side. Levi smirks, keeping in the obvious laugh he wanted to release. I squint at him as he continues to stare at me, smiling more and more.

"What? You don't like it?" He chuckles picking it up and drinking it with no expression afterwards.

"How do you drink that? It taste like tar." I laugh pushing his shoulder. He leans down and kisses me, I push him away after tasting his lips, which he obviously lathered with his nasty ass tea. I stand up and walk away hearing him chuckle with Erwin who was sitting across from us. I go over and stand against the wall with the door to outside. Jaxson and Lilith walk over to me and stand in front of me. I look at them with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you need something?" I ask expressionless.

"We need to have a word." Lilith say seriously. My eyes widen at their stern faces. 

"About?" I ask suspiciously, rubbing my thumb, which I do as a nerve habit.

"Not now, meet outside by the big tree in the middle of the field at seven sharp, alone." Jaxson lowers his voice, so no one would hear us.

"I am also your superior if this is some sort of threat-" Lilith cut me off fast.

"No, no you've got it wrong, we are warning you." She whispers.

"Warning me?" I ask, intrigued.

"Yes just meet us later, ok?" I notice Levi staring confused at me, but also angry. I tell them to leave and that I would meet them later that night.

They walk away looking around as if they stole something before rushing out the doors. Levi gets up from his seat and makes his way towards me, before being stopped by Cadence.

Levi's POV

I saw the two new cadets speaking to (F/N), a worried expression crept on her face while they were talking to her, once they left I thought I should go see if everything was ok. As I was making my way there I was stopped by the interrupting cadet; Cadence I believe?

"Captain!" She calls me. I look at her with annoyance as I go to walk away towards (F/N) she steps in front of me. I glare at her, giving her the signal to move the fuck out of my way.

"It's very important that you listen to me, sir." I was instantly intrigued and stopped and crossed my arms.

"Ok. Continue?" I reply. Glaring at her, looking her up in down.

"I need to tell you something, not here though. Meet me tonight at seven sharp, in your office." She whispers. I squint my eyes and raise a brow.

"No." I growl.

"Captain, it's about (F/N)." She looks away biting her lip anxiously. My eyes widened softly. About (F/N)?

"Fine." She bows and walks off. I continue my walk to (F/N).

"What were those two cadets wanting you for?" She smiles and sighs.

"Nothing, how bout that cadences chick?" I think for a second, should I tell her?

"Nothing important." She smiles and cracks her knuckles.

"We should get to practice now shouldn't we?"

~

It's 7:00, (F/N) POV

I nervously walk towards the tree, the sun almost gone. The pinks and the Oranges shining through the large forests captivated by the darkness that lays within them. I get the to the tree, Jaxson and Lilith are there like they said they would be.

"Now what is it you wants to tell me?" I ask, crossing my arms respectively.

"It's Levi, you must go to him quickly before she tells him!" They shout. I blink highly confused.

"Tell him what?" I say hastily.

"Your secret." I raise and eyebrow, as concern rises in me.

"I don't have any secrets that Levi doesn't know." I stay calmly placing my hands at my waist. They look at eachother and then look back at me.

"Exactly."

Levi's POV

I calmly walk towards my office, opening it to see cadence looking at my desk and the pictures of (F/N) and I that sat on it. She turns around and notices me before smiling.

"Hello sir." She says with a sadistic smile.

"What about (F/N) do I need to know?" I say sighing rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"She-She has a past of violence, drugs, and hard crimes against the Survey Corps." She looks away with a distraught face.

"Oh? And how might you know all of this?" I growl.

"Here." She hands me a photo, it's of a women similar to the looks of (F/N). "She has a plan, and we all figured it out. She needed to get close to you, to eliminate Petra and the rest of your squad, and your next." My eyes squint.

"My squad was killed by a Titan-Shifter." I remark angrily. Was she making this up? She has to be.

"Exactly."