Chapter twenty five

Lilly's p.o.v

I was in so much pain it was unreal.

The pain in my leg was bearable but with the added pain in my head and the fact that I was laid in a very awkward position in what must be a very small confined space hadn't helped. Even though I was in my human form.

I hadn't yet opened my eyes but I knew someone was in the room. I could hear them shuffling around and breathing. Who were they?

I slowly opened one eye to see if I could catch a glimpse of anyone but it was too dark, so I opened my other eye slightly, still not moving but just trying to see my surroundings.

Once both eyes were open, they adjusted to the light and for the first time I could see I was in a cage. And not a very big one at that! I peeked through the bars and saw the silhouette of a person on the other side of the room. They were human. I could tell by their smell and that made me slightly calmer but not by a lot. The leg that was in the most pain had been roughly bandaged up but the bandage was now filthy and covered in blood...

Suddenly it all came flooding back to me.

I was shot in the forest

By a man if I remember correctly

In the leg

And after that I don't remember anything until I woke up

Oh god he saw me shift!

Now that can't be good!

I tried to silently sit up a bit in the hope that he wouldn't hear me bit as I moved my injured leg pushed against the bars of the cage and I couldn't help but let out a small yelp of pain....

The silhouette spun round to face me but didn't move any closer. It just stared.

I didn't know what to do. Should I speak or not. All I know is that I need to escape to find Austin.... Before it's too late. Before the baby is born and because it's half wolf and what I hope half vampire I don't think that will take long.

"Hello" I said quietly. I didn't even know if he would reply but I thought I may as well give it a go

Silence

"Erm....who are you" I said

I was just about to say something else when a the mystery person spoke

"I think it should be me asking who you are" said the silhouette

The silhouette slowly moved forwards as he spoke and for the first time since I was shot I saw my captor. It was the same man. He had mousy brown hair that was in parts going grey. He didn't look that threatening. But over the years I've learnt not to judge a book by its cover. In any circumstances.

I decided for his sake to make up some story and not tell him the truth. Well not the whole truth anyway.

"My name is lily. I am 18 and I really need to get out of here. It's a matter of life and death for... For.... My sister"

The mans steady gaze landed on me and he looked very uneasy as if he was having an internal battle of weather or not to say something.

"But... but...wolf" was all he could get out

This was my time to play dumb.

"Where" I said

"No...no" he stuttered "you..are a ...wolf"

I gave him my best sceptical look and glanced down at my badly injured but thankfully human body.

"I think your mind has been playing tricks on you" I said softly