Stage 3

Bernard

Sorry, I know we just saw each other but I miss you already.

 That's crazy, I was just about to call you, I missed you, too.

 Ha, nice to know I beat you to something for once but for someone who hadn't kissed anyone before earlier, you sure could lock lips.

Oh, you have no room to talk, you kissed me like I was the only thing keeping you alive--it was cute, though.

Nice tits, by the way, too.

Ha, I totally forgot I took my shirt off--I should've started with yours.

Maybe next time, but I gotta go, the phone's dying.

Alright, uh--see you.

K, bye.

I slept good after that conversation over the phone last night even though I had woken up hours early today. After seeing that it was only seven a.m. , I rolled over onto my back and stared up at my ceiling fan and re-evaluated the talk we had. It was nice knowing that we both were at the same height in what we had, being sprung for each other was like a guilty pleasure, an addiction--a disease, and last night we really needed a fix.

I also found it interesting how we could talk about the awkward moments we had and laugh about it like it was nothing and how much easier it was to  flirt with her but one thing bothered me about last night's call and that was when we said goodbye. I didn't have a problem with saying bye because I was going to see her today but what agitated me was how it was said. After I said alright, I almost  said I love you and I would've been comfortable with that but I wasn't sure if she was so I didn't say it even though I really wanted to.

It might not seem like a big deal but it dawned on me that I might have a problem. Like, what if we aren't on the same page in what we had? What if we weren't as deep as I was in this relationship? What if I was sitting here in love with her and she still just. . . liked me? Yeah, she kissed me and I know friends don't kiss friends so that had to mean that she had something for me but still, could it be just something like a fling for her?

Ugh, I don't know how but I was going to find out today. I know that I, myself, didn't live by set dating standards like the ninety-day-rule because I knew that when I fell in love, it would happen way faster than three months and it did. Within three weeks, I had an interest in her and within four weeks we'd gone on two dates and kissed so I knew we were moving faster than whatever average was.

 All in all, I just wanted to know if that give me a reason to say 'I love you' and whether or not she loved me back.

Anyhow, by the time I came to the conclusion of what I wanted to know, it was nine-thirty and if I wanted to be on time to pick up Abra at eleven, I needed to get up now. Rolling out of bed, I stretched and yawned, heading to my closet and picking out a plain white tee, my black and storm dark grey button up sweatshirt, clean boxers and distressed blue jeans along with socks and my all white Air Force 1s to wear when I got out of the shower.

Brushing my teeth and washing my face after I showered and washed my hair, I checked the time to make sure I had time for it to dry and it was only ten-fifteen by the time I had gotten dressed so I had more than enough. Throwing my sweat pants and boxers into the bottom of my closet, I got the shoe box from underneath my bed that I used to keep all on my jewelry and took out my Rosary, putting it on and putting the box back under the bed.

Plopping down onto my bed, I grabbed my phone off of the night stand and call my mom to check-in.  I got up and popped two brown sugar Pop Tarts into the toaster as it rung a few times before she answered.