The Starting Point

IMPORTANT - I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME OF THIS BOOK FROM DAMON'S DAUGHTER TO ITS ALTERNATE TITLE THE STARTING POINT

I do not own any of The Vampire Diaries they either belong to L.J Smith or the show on CW. I only own my characters. There is no copyright intended, the transcript is for readers enjoyment only and will not go further than Wattpad.

Prologue

1864, April

Damon's p.o.v

"NOOO!" I shouted. "No..." I rushed over to Victoria just as she landed on the hard rubble floor. I pulled her into my arms as she cried her still beating heart out. A bullet, inches away from her heart. If she were to move even the slightest the bullet would pierce her heart.

"Father, I'm too young, please..." She barely whispered.

I looked up at Katherine pleadingly. "No, I won't do it, she's too much of a distraction to us, we need to go now! Before they find us!" She said sternly.

I looked at Stefan, "please brother, tell her" I said.

"Katherine if you won't do it for him...do it for me" Stefan said putting his hand on Katherine's cheek. She stared at him for a good ten seconds then sighed.

"Fine, but only for you" she smirked. She bent down In front of Victoria and I and a smirk formed on her face again. She proceeded to look into Victoria's eyes. "Oh little Victoria, you're in for one heck of a ride, if you come looking for us, you are dead meat," she said with a menacing look on her face, fangs lowering into an evil smile.

"I understand" Victoria whispered.

She bit her wrist and shoved it  in Victoria's mouth, she slowly gulped. 

"Damon, come on we have to go, you'll thank me one day." Katherine said. 

I looked at her then back at Victoria, the colour in her face was slowly returning to it's golden self. She still has a long time to wait until she is fully healed and if I move her during the process it could damage her even more.I couldn't leave her here, Gun shots started to land inches away from us. There was no choice, I had to go. I pulled Victoria into my arms one more time. "I am so sorry my little girl, I will always love you, I hope you have a long human life and have children of your own." I hadn't realised i had been crying when a tear landed on her face and rolled down her cheek.  I looked up at Katherine, "You will pay for this" I said through gritted teeth. 

I will never be happy again.

Edited 25/8/16