3. "i had a rabbit for lunch."

Chapter three

I didn't see my dad, Damon, again that night, I went home early as I was tired. I also collected my pay check, which came to a total of $140 which isn't that bad a week, I payed my rent and even bought a new outfit.

I sprung out of bed and picked up my bag. I put on a black halter neck top, some white skinny jeans and some strappy sandals. I straightened my hair and out put some make up on.

I walked into the school parking lot and looked around. I saw Elena talking to Bonnie and Jeremy talking to Vicky. Just then Jeremy stood up and walked away from Vicky.

"Jer!" I said running up to him.

He stopped and smiled sadly at me. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked looking up to him. He was at least another seven or so inches taller than me.

"Nothing it doesn't matter" he said.

"You sure?" I asked quietly.

"Here's my number, if you want to come round then text me," He said putting a piece of paper into my hand and then walked of. I just stared at him. I looked back to see Vicky glaring at me. What was her problem?

I walked over to join Elena and Bonnie just as Stefan joined us. "Morning everyone" he said and smiled at me, I grinned at him.

"Hey, I er...have to go and find Caroline, she isn't answering her phone, so see you guys..." Bonnie said starting to walk of.

"Bonnie wait..." Elena said but it was too late, Bonnie had gone.

"She doesn't like me very much" Stefan said.

"She doesn't know you! She's my best friend, give her time, when she gets to know you she will love you!" Elena said, we started walking.

"Look there's Elena and her new boyfriend, and that girl who's the third wheel" said Tyler. I turned and glared at him.

I walked over to him. "Problem!?" I asked sweetly.

"Erm...no" he said.

"That's what I thought!" I smiled at him and walked off to class.

Elena and I walked over to all the cheerleaders stretching, I wasn't doing it I was just watching as I had nothing better to do at lunch. I sat down on the floor and watched the girls. Elena cleared her throat and walked over to Bonnie. "Oh my god you're here!" Bonnie said hugging Elena.

"Yep, I can't be sad girl forever, the only way I can get back to normal is to do things ...oh and your coming to diner tonight!" Elena said lunging.

"I am?" Bonnie said.

"Mmm, hmm...you, me and Stefan" Elena smiled. Bonnie did the opposite. "You have to give him a chance!" Elena said sternly to Bonnie.

"Tonight's no good...have you seen Caroline I've texted her like one hundred times" Bonnie smiled.

"Don't change the subject Bonnie Bennett, your going to be there!" Elena said changing stretch position.

"Fine! I'll go!" Bonnie whined.

"Good" Elena smiled.

"Seriously where is Caroline?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't know...it's not like her" Elena said taking a drink of water.

"I'll try her again" Bonnie said picking up her phone, but before she put it to her ear loud music began to play. I turned my head to see a black convertible Chevrolet pull into the parking lot.

Then I saw it. Caroline was in there, kissing my dad. I stood up and grabbed my bags. How dare she. As she got out I walked past her, banging my shoulder with hers purposely. My dad drove off, I began to pick up the paste. By now he was probably going 40mph.