13. "vampires, huh?"

Chapter thirteen

"I'm so excited, I'm so excited!" I sang bursting into Elena's room where I found her and Stefan sat on her bed. I span around in my pink poodle skirt, I found from my trunk back home.

Elena gasped and jumped up. "Oh my god, you have a poodle skirt! Where did you find that?" She said admiring it.

"I got it from the 50's, duh!" I laughed. "What are you wearing?" It's the schools 1950s decade dance tonight and I'm so excited! I loved the 50's and I get to relive it at the school. And plus, Shane and I are performing at it.

"I'm so jealous, I've just pieced something together myself." She went to her chest of drawers and pulled out a shirt, some trousers and white pumps.

I grinned. "We will fix that up later." I laughed.

"Hey I'm going to meet you at school. I need to nip back home." Stefan said. We waved at him as he exited her room.

I changed out of my poodle skirt and changed into some deep purple, floral skinny jeans, a grey top with pink three quarter sleeves and some black converse. I spent the rest of the evening eating pizza and playing video games with Elena and Jeremy.

Next day.

"Used to be your baby, used to be your lady,

thought you had the perfect lover.

All the harmony went falling out of key,

so now you gotta find another."

I sang into my hair brush as I danced around my room. I jumped up onto my bed and flipped my hair about.

"Now you're talking crazy,

saying that you made me,

like I was your Cinderella."

I jumped of the bed doing the biggest jump ever.

"You and me are through though,

watch me hit it solo,

I'ma' do it a acapella, YEAH!"

I heard movements outside my door. I turned the music off and used my vampire speed to get on my bed and put a magazine in front of me.

"Nice singing." Damon said coming into my room. I rolled my eyes. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?" He continued. I looked down and realise I'm still in my pyjamas.

"Shi-" he raised an eyebrow. I grinned and he exited the room. I used my vampire speed to change into some grey, acid wash skiny jeans, a baggy white top with black sleeves. I put on some black ankle, toe-peep, boots.

I grabbed my bag and rushed off to school.

When I arrived at school I'm stopped by the music teacher. "Tori, hi." She smiled.

"Er, hi." I replied.

"Are you still up for entertainment at the dance tonight? Along with." She checked her notice board. "Danny Wright?" My smile reached from ear to ear.

"Yes, definitely!" I skipped of to class grinning away to myself. I arrived in history where Saltzman gave me a polite nod and I sat down next to Jeremy. "Guess what!"

"What?" He smiled.

I bit my lip. "Did you now I'm singing entertainment tonight!"

"Wow, no, congratulations."

I smiled. Jeremy and I have found being friends is the best relationship we can have, although he doesn't remember we kissed and all that. That's what I think.