Chapter One

My name is Victoria Salvatore, currently going by the name of Tori Jones. That's because Salvatore is a famous name here in Mystic Falls and since I'm back, it would definitely be too risky to use it.

So, what am I doing back here? Wasn't I supposed to live a long and happy life in Mystic falls in the 1800s? Well, when I was left by my family, practically dead in the middle of no where at the age of seven, I was taken in by the police who sent me to an orphanage. I spent the next eleven years there and when I turned eighteen, I packed my bags and left Mystic Falls. I hitched my way to New York and that is where I bumped into the devil herself. The one who turned me, Katerina Petrova, or more commonly known as Katherine Pierce.

My stupid father, Damon Salvatore and his brother, Stefan fell for her. I saw how bad she was from the start. She didn't know that I knew she was a vampire. She was a threat to my dad and uncle. But they were compelled, mind games were played on them and  that is how they fell for her and they were turned. Stefan at the age of seventeen and Damon at twenty five. Dad was only young when he got his lover pregnant, eighteen to be exact.

She turned me because I had discovered where she was hiding and she thought I had purposefully come looking for her, when all I wanted to do was start a career as a singer. So she thought, "Hey! Why not kill Victoria Salvatore?" So here I am in the year 2009. Mystic Falls and it has been long coming since my return.

As for my mother, I don't know who she was, she died giving birth to me, as in those days it was very rare women survived child birth. I also checked that she somehow didn't end up as a vampire, I searched around for a decade or so, and no one had ever heard of her. 

Anyway, I thought after avoiding my dad for so long, I would visit Mystic Falls. I didn't know whether or not he would be here, though I wasn't sure. I only remember last hearing about him in the twenties.

Since I'm stuck as an 18 year old, I thought I'd try out High School. This is the first time I've ever actually bothered to go. But this is also the first time I've decided to stay put for a while. I've traveled the whole of America over the past century. My favourite era was definitely the sixties!

Today was Monday which was the day I started school. I was currently staying in a motel on the outskirts of town.

I changed into some appropriate clothing for a high school teenager. I brushed my hair and let it flow naturally  down my back. I put my sunlight bracelet on and grabbed my bag.

***

After getting a cab to the school I had to take a few seconds to compose myself, I was nervous and I didn't know why. Come on Tori, you've got this. I stepped out of the car and put my sunglasses on. I strode with confidence through the parking lot getting wolf whistles from the jocks and they were shouting about the 'new girl,' I got death glares off all the cheerleaders but I simply ignored them. As I turned back I ran into someone, I stumbled back slightly from the impact. I looked up and locked eyes with a pair of cold brown ones. 

"Watch where you're going next time" the boy said. Then he walked off. He looked older but I reckon he was actually younger. I watched as he walked over to a girl who looked older than him, more my age. I sighed and headed towards the school entrance.

How rude.

Once inside I put my sunglasses on my head. I looked around. Humans. I personally prefer animal blood. I mean yes, human blood is to die for, but I hate the thought of hurting people. I walked towards the office until I bumped into someone...yet again. This time it was a girl. The girl had straight brown hair. She turned around and looked at me. I gasped.