17. "i'll try to be normal."

Chapter seventeen

* recap *

So basically, the tomb vampires were released, Elena visited Tudie, her birth mums friend with Tori. Then Tori went to the fundraiser where she hosted the kissing booth and Danny also asked her out out on an official date. Also we find out about Alaric's Magic ring after Damon temporarily killed him.

I was going on a date tonight and I couldn't tell you how excited I was. I haven't been on a date in over twenty years. But I had the whole of school to go through first. I wondered where he was taking me. Maybe a dinner? Bowling? Swimming? I haven't a clue.

I had arrived at the school and I was walking up to Caroline, Stefan and Elena. I caught Caroline's last sentence.

"Two pair out on a Friday night coupled. Yeah a double date."

"Hey." I smiled.

"A triple date!" Caroline exclaimed. "Me and Matty, Elena and Stefan and you and Danny! It would be perfect." She clapped.

Elena shook her head, "Do you think that's a good idea?"

"Why not?" She put her hands on her hips, "We all haven't gone out together before and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look the couple dynamics have changed and there's been a little awkwardness between you, Matt, and me and I just think it's important that we get over it." She explained.

"I don't know." Elena shrugged.

Stefan nodded, "I think that sounds like a great idea"

I raised an eyebrow at him, "really?" I laughed half heartedly.

"Yeah. A nice evening out with friends. Sounds fun, as in 'fun'"

"A triple date it is." Elena sighed.

"Ok. So, we will see you tonight?" Caroline asked.

"Ok."

I shook my head, "I can't, I mean Danny and I can't, we have our own date." I bit my lip.

Caroline sighed, "oh, well, next time?" She said and wandered off.

"What's her problem?" I muttered.

School went slowly, as usually, however, today, I think it was because I'm excited for tonight. Once I got home, I wasn't alone. Peal and Damon were talking. And Anna was there too.

I walked into the room, all eyes fell on me, I glared at Anna, she hinted uncomfortably. Yet they all continued their conversations. I decided to make my way upstairs and to my room and listen on the way.

Damon continued the conversation, "What exactly are you trying to achieve?"

"Mystic Falls is our home, Damon. They took that from us. Our land, our home. It's time we rebuild." Pearl explained. Who does she think she is? This is the twenty first century.

Damon was thinking the same thing, "What, are you crazy? It was 1864. Wake up woman. The world has moved on."

Pearl ignored him, "As a reward for your help I'm willing to give you what you want most." My ears perked up, Damon was stubborn.

"I want nothing." He said, not as gullible and stubborn as I thought then.

"Katherine." I stopped halfway along the corridor. Please don't fall for it.

There was a pause, "You wouldn't even know where she was. You've been under the ground for the last century and a half." He spat.

"Katherine and I were best friends long before we came to Mystic Falls, Damon. I know how she thinks, I know her patterns, I know where to find her." Please say no Dad, please.