Chaos

Percy's POV

     Percy swung Riptide in a wide arc, swearing under his breath. Three empousai surrounded him, and he needed to kill them quickly.

     One of them lunged at him, but Percy quickly spun and sliced her head off, watching her float into golden dust. 

     The other empousai bared their teeth at him, and lunged. He swung Riptide, and cut them in half.

     Percy was covered in golden dust. He quickly shook it off, and gripped Riptide. This was the seventh monster attack. He wasn't sure that he could survive one more.

Thalia's POV

     "No one's seen any sign of him?" Thalia asked desperately. Her tiara was slipping off of her head, and she made no movement to right it. "Not even a trail?" 

     Her other Hunters looked at her. "We found sites of several monster killings." Said Thea, one of her experienced trackers. "But we don't know for sure..."

     "We follow them." Said Thalia, decisively. "He's a child of the Big Three. He won't survive long on his own, no matter how powerful he is."

     Her other Hunters nodded, and melted into the forest. But Thea stayed.

     "Do you know why he left?" Asked Thea. Thalia growled. 

     "No, but once I find out." Her eyes lit, and she punched a fist into her palm, finally righting her falling crown.

Percy's POV

     Percy didn't know where he was going. He was just wandering aimlessly around the forest, hoping to find a convenience store. He would've went to his mom's house, but... Sally and Paul were dead. Percy felt tears well up in his eyes. Right now, there was no one on this planet who cared whether he lived or died. Did that make him a person anymore?

     "Now, that's simply not true." Said a deep voice. Percy whirled, Riptide held up towards the noise. "Put down your weapon. That stick won't do much against me." Percy's eyes scanned the man. He had night black skin, and he could have sworn that there were stars swirling in his eyes. He wore a sophisticated suit, and he was holding a hand out to Percy.

     "I am Chaos, creator of the universe... and many other universes." Percy stared at him, dumbfounded.

     "That's an impressive résumé." Chaos let out a roaring laugh. Percy backed up a step.

      "There is nothing to be afraid of, child."

      "When people say that, that usually means that there's something to be afraid of."

      "I suppose it might be taken that way." Chaos sighed. "Anyway, down to business." Chaos stared at Percy. "I've been watching you for a long time, and it seems that you have what it takes to be in my army. You are loyal, kind...and strong."

     "I guess I am, but why would I join your army?" Percy asked, backing away again. Cowering like a caged animal.

     "Because you would have a home. You would be with other people who went through the same, or worse things than you. We free slaves and kill tyrants. We prepare for when Order makes his move."

     Percy could practically hear the capital O in Order. "But I thought that there were no slaves on this planet anymore." Percy said, confused.

     "Ah, ah, ah! This is not the only planet in the Universe." Percy nodded.

     "And who is... Order? And why shouldn't I be working for him? If his name is anything to run by..."

     Chaos replied, his eyes darkening, "I want controlled chaos. I want freedom, but it has to be reined in. Order, on the other hand." He waved his hand in an arc, stars trailing his palm. "Wants chaotic order. He wants everyone to be his slave, and everyone has to answer to him." Chaos looked at Percy under lidded eyes. "Do you understand?"

      Percy nodded. Then he realized something. "If I accept, will I ever have to come down to Earth?"

      "Not if you don't want to." Chaos vowed. Percy nodded. 

      "I'll come with you." Chaos smiled.

      "Then take my hand." Percy took his hand, and they disappeared in a gust of wind. They became stars and night and mist, leaving no tracks, besides the blood that Percy's cut arm had leaked onto the ground.

Annabeth's POV

     "Still no sign of him?" Annabeth felt sick to her stomach. 

     "No." She answered. She schooled her features into a mask of worry, instead of outright sadness and fear. "The Hunters couldn't even find him." She looked up with hollow eyes, gripping Percy's shirt in her fists.

      She felt terrible for cheating on him, and she didn't know what was going on in her head. She tried to stand from an outsiders point of view, analyzing... but it hadn't worked, for once.

     Wisdom's daughter walks alone... Perhaps that wasn't just referring to the quest.

      "My Seaweed Brain." She whispered. Now, Annabeth wasn't usually one to dwell on things in the past. But she had lost Percy way to many times. And never once did she consider that one of those times would be her fault.

     "At least we're immortal." Katie offered halfheartedly. That was true. The Gods gifted everyone who was a prominent figure in the war immortality... but Percy wasn't there to receive the gift.

Percy's POV

     Percy gazed up at the towers of onyx and obsidion. He felt his mouth drop open. 

     Chaos gazed proudly at the castle. "This will be your home." 

      Percy nodded dumbly. "I have no problem with that," He said, his old, sarcastic personality taking over. Chaos smiled.

      "Come." Chaos strolled into the castle. Percy followed.

       "These are all of your fellow soldiers." He said. Two tall onyx doors swept open, to reveal the dining room, where thousands of kids were seated. 

       "They're all... my age?" Percy questioned. 

       "They are immortal." Chaos said gently. "The children... they are left in the Nursery, where volunteers take care of them. I make you immortal once you reach your teen/young adult years." 

       He pointed towards a table. "That is where the Seraphim sit. The highest rank of my soldiers. They each command a certain sector of my army." He nodded towards the smaller tables, scattered around the Hall. "Each represents a certain... element, for lack of a better word. Dawn, Day, Night, Water, Fire, Air, and Earth. There are currently two slots open, and they," Another nod towards the Hall. "Are all fighting for it. In a certain sector, there are different abilities and responsibilities." He grinned. "We will start you out in water... our nautical sector."

       Percy tensed. "Alright." 

      "If you want a seat up there-" Chaos nodded towards the table. Percy wondered whether his brain was loose from all that nodding. "You have to fight your way through them to get it." He smiled. "The best warrior, the best spy, the best healer... you just have to be the best at something, and it will earn you a spot. Complete missions... it's kind of like a game. Understood?" Percy nodded.

      "Great." Chaos clapped his hands, and disappeared.

That was really long, lol. So, I did try to make this as realistic as possible, making Percy fight for his spot at the top. I don't really like the stories where he's automatically promoted to Commander or whatever. And then he's given wings, blah blah blah. Nope!

I also like to update once a day, maybe more...