Percy's Here!

Poseidon's POV

"I think the Seraphim are a great asset to the army," I said seriously, trying to act like I was actually paying attention. Also trying to cut through the thick wall of chattering dolphins, prayers to me, curses, and the ever present talk of mortals. But then I placed my head in my hands, and bowed over.

"Poseidon?" Said Zeus, alarmed. "What is it?"

A sentence had cut through the wall like a knife through butter, lodging itself in my mind. Hi, Dad.

"Percy." I choked out. And I never stutter! I am a god!

"Percy what? PERCY WHAT?" Asked Athena. I had never seen her so flustered in my entire life.

"He-he spoke to me." I said, wracking my, if I say so myself, huge brain to try to figure out where the voice had come from.

"What did he say?" Asked Hades, slumped in his chair as if bored.

"Hi, Dad." I said, still searching my mind.

"Well that's not very helpful is it," Scoffed Ares. "He could've given us more important information."

"He let us know that he's still alive, and he restarted contact with the Gods again!" Athena snapped at Ares. "This is a great first step towards-"

"Cease your endless chatter!" I roared. Normally I wouldn't speak to Athena that disrespectfully, but... "I'm trying to think!"

"Then I can see how you'd need it to be quiet, since it's hard for you to think as it is..." Athena muttered. I chose to ignore that statement.

"Percy..." I said, rubbing my temples. Then my eyes flew open. "He's at Camp Halfblood."

Alkaios's POV

I walked back to the infirmary, already regretting what I did. I stalked back into the Apollo cabin, greeted by a snarling Era, who was shrieking at an Apollo camper that yes, she was fine, and yes, she wanted to go now. The poor camper looked scared out of his wits.

"I can take it from here." I said, dismissing the camper with a flick of my fingers. He scampered out, tossing me a look of eternal gratitude.

"Come on, let's get you up," I said, lifting her out of the bed. She flinched at my touch.

"What?" I said, alarmed. "What is it?"

Era opened and closed her mouth like a fish, and then she said, "You've had contact with the Gods."

I stared at her, suspicious. "That isn't why you gaped like a hungry fish."

"Yes it is!" She snapped. "But don't try to change the subject!"

"Fine, yes. For some reason, when you were unconscious, part of me felt like it was shredded to bits. I went to the ocean, and said, 'Hi, Dad.'" Era looked at me.

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

She rolled her eyes.

"You know, I told you the truth, so you should tell me the truth. Why have you been acting so strangely? Why are you so nice?"

She glared at me. "I can be nice if I want." She offered, half heartedly. I stared at her.

"Fine," she sighed. "But you have to promise not to react terribly." I nodded.

"I promise."

"Okay." Era said, her hands clasped in front of her, sitting up in her bed, white sheets covering the lower half of her body. She stared at nothing in front of her.

"So. I'm not of this world."

I blinked at her. "What?"

"I'm not of this world. Only the Seraphim know this. I hail from a different world, I came here at the dawn of your time. Then my portal shut, and I've been stuck here ever since.

"My world is a world of forests and flying. We're very primal in that way. My world is what the Fae stories of your world are based on.

"And in our world... Everybody had a, well, Soulbonded, or Mate."

I paled. I knew where this was going.

"When I first saw you, I felt the bond, but it was weak. I hoped it would break, in time. That's why I was so horrible to you, I was trying to get you to hate me. And I succeeded for a time. But bonds like that aren't easily broken.

"Seeing you seize up in the truck, I couldn't leave you alone. When Annabeth and I stared at each other, I smelled you all over her. It took a lot of self control to not kill her.

"When you have a Soulbonded, it's a tie deeper than marriage. I used that much power on the army because I needed to knock myself out, because if I didn't, I was fairly sure that I would tell you.

"You must have some of my race's blood in you, because you have to have the blood of my people to have a Mate. I wasn't the only Primordial to come through.

"And not the Primordials that are in Greek mythology. That's just what our race is called."

I stared at her.

"So now you know," she sighed. "I don't blame you if you take off right now-"

"I'm... your... Soulbonded?"

She nodded.

"I knew it," I breathed. "I knew there was something about us..." She stared at me, surprised.

"You're not running?"

"Hades, no!" I laughed, the old curse slipping out of my mouth. "How could I? I am honored," I said. "To be your Bonded, Era."

Because I was feeling fancy, I pressed my lips to her hand. She stared at me, her gold eyes glowing. I pulled my hood back, exposing my eyes and nose. No one in Chaos's Army had ever seen my full face.

She smiled at me, and I thought that I could die happy. When she informed me about the bond, it must've woken it, made it stronger to me.

"Go." She said, pushing me slightly. "They'll be wondering why you're in here so long."

I pulled my hood back up, and grinned at her. "I assume that we're together now?"

She smirked at me. "Of course we are, idiot."

"It's amazing how we can just decide to like each other in about fifteen minutes." I marveled.

"Not really. Things like love and hate are buried deep inside of us, you mortals have just suppressed it. Now that you're immortal, now that I've told you about my past, you've brought those feelings back up to the surface. You will love and hate more easily now, but the feelings will be deeper."

I smiled at her once again, and then strode out of the cabin, smiling at nothing.

It was official. I was completely smitten.

I hate writing romance scenes.