I'm Back... But I Don't Want To Be

I've decided to stop indenting the paragraphs, because the tab button doesn't work for some reason. If that bothers you, tell me, so I can start doing it again. Sorry.

ALSO I SWITCHED IT INTO FIRST PERSON POV

Alkaios's POV

I watched curiously as Chaos sat at his desk, twiddling his thumbs nervously. "What is it?" I questioned.

Chaos sucked in a breath as if he might say something, but then he exhaled it again. I was getting annoyed. Era, who was standing beside him and to his right rolled her eyes at me.

"YouhavetogobacktoEarth." Chaos said in a rush, straightening in his chair.

I felt dread settle into my stomach, but I asked, "Come again?"

Chaos sighed. "You have to go back to Earth." He explained.

I felt my fists bunch up. "You promised." I growled. "You swore-" Chaos raised his hands.

"I know what I did." Chaos said. "And maybe I should've reworded that. You need to go back to Earth, but you don't have to."

A choice. "Why?" I said, shifting my feet.

"Order is attacking Earth first." Chaos said grimly. I bit back a sigh. Of course it was Order. Now I have to go.

"I guess I have to, then." I snarled. "At least none of them are alive now." I said, brightening a bit.

"That's the thing." Chaos said, dropping his eyes. "All of the campers... they were offered immortality."

I lifted a palm to my head, and covered my eyes. "You'll be wearing a hood." Chaos rushed out. "None of them will recognize you. Most of the Seraphim are going-"

I raised a hand, and walked out of the room.

Later

I laid down on my bed, staring at my ceiling. It was dotted with shifting stars. I was just drifting to sleep, when I heard my door creak open. I bolted upright in seconds, and I gripped my sword as Era stalked in, graceful as a cat.

"What do you want?" I growled. I immediately regretted it as Era turned her piercing gaze towards me.

"Ask that again, in a politer tone." She said, in a quiet voice, laced with steel.

I was tempted to snarl it back, but I immediately reconsidered. I did value my life. "Why are you in my room?" I asked instead, in a much more acceptable tone.

"Chaos wants to know if you're going." She said, leaning casually against my doorway, picking at her nails. She looked harmless, until you looked closer, at her deadly gold eyes, and at the small vial around her neck, that I knew for a fact was a deadly poison.

"Of course I'm going." I snapped. "Who do you think I am?"

"A coward." Era said, not hesitating. "A coward, who had to hesitate before saying yes to a mission. A coward who hesitated before deciding to fight. A coward who had to run before he could give a solid answer. A coward-"

"Enough!" I cried out, flinging my arms out to the side. My power burst out in a wave, and it would've killed a normal person, but Era flung out a shield that cut through the wave without a second thought.

"You have to do better than that." She said, her eyes still focused on her nails.

"Just leave." I snarled, not caring about my tone anymore. She rolled her eyes.