Landing and Capture

200 views, that's amazing! Thank you so much!

Alkaios's POV

I sat on the bed, staring at Era curiously.

She blinked at me. "What?" She had her wings spread out.

"Your wings. I always wondered about them."

"You know, you probably have them too."

"What?"

"You have some Fae blood. You have wings. You can try to expose them, but it usually takes some sort of trigger."

"I won't even try then. But what about your wings?" I reached over and poked one, and I saw her stifle a laugh.

"What's so funny?" I said defensively.

"Nothing, it's just, when you poke them it tickles."

"Oh, does it?"

She scrambled back. "No, no, no get away."

I gave her a devilish grin, and said "At least now I know you have a weakness." Her expression darkened.

"My wings are the most precious things in the world to me. I would never give them up, except maybe for you."

"That precious, huh?"

"I'd rather die than lose my wings."

"That's why you don't use them often."

"Yeah," she admitted. "It's a great asset in a fight but the risk is too high."

I made to poke one of them again, and she fell back. "No!"

I chuckled. Seeing her flustered was a once in a lifetime opportunity. "Go to sleep."

"How can I if I know that you're just over there, waiting with your evil-"

"I prommmmiiissseeee."

"That is not convincing." She mumbled.

"Goodnight."

"Mhm."

I slept peacefully through the whole night, until I woke up at 6 am sharp.

I stepped outside of the room, rubbing my sleep bleary eyes, and announced, "We're here!"

Maybe I sort of screamed it.

Soon, everyone else stumbled out looking as sleepy as me, except for Era who looked awake and alert. Her wings were folded carefully behind her back.

"We're heading down now," I told them. "The packs you found outside of your room all have the supplies that you need."

"How will we get down?" Asked Annabeth, her eyebrows scrunched together.

"We take a smaller ship. Follow me." Era gestured with her hand, and then strode out of the room.

I followed her, and found the small escape ship.

"In."

I took my seat, and settled in for the ride.

Landing

"Be careful, it's going to be a bumpy landing," Era warned.

She was right.

We landed in the middle of a forest, bumping into everything.

My head bashed back into the seat, and I saw Jason almost fly out of the ship.

"It was bound to happen like that," said Annabeth. "Statistically-"

"Just shut up," I groaned rubbing the back of my head.

"Fine," she said looking wounded. "But we've got to go, right? The longer we stay here, the more likely it is we're found. Also, while we're on that topic, how are we going to disguise the ship?"

Era sat up, stretching. "I'll throw a glamour over it."

"Come on," I said, pulling up my hood. "Put your hoods on and let's move."

We all slipped out of the ship, wraiths illuminated by the moon.

"The sewer is right there." I said, pointing. "Let's go."

We slipped through the grate, and into the tunnel.

"Ugh, gross." Muttered Annabeth.

"No kidding." Era muttered back. "Just ignore it."

We made it through the tunnel and into the stone castle.

"Come on," said Era. We had barely walked five feet into the castle.

We strode forward, hugging the walls, when all of a sudden, a monster flew out from the ceiling, and grabbed Era.

"NO!" I screamed, my heart pounding. I frantically scanned the air, Will had a bow pointed upwards. I knew that there was a furious fight going on because I heard screaming and yelping, and I felt the waves of magic from down below.

"ERA! ERA!" I screamed up to the ceiling. And then I heard Era call back, her voice choked,

"DeadStone." And the silence.

"NO! TAKE ME INSTEAD! TAKE ME!" Tears flowed down my face, choking me. I fell to my knees. I felt every bit of pain and fear down the bond.

"Take me." I whispered, my head bowed to the ground.

"Percy..." Annabeth whispered.

"Shut up, SHUT UP!" I screamed. I rubbed my temples.

"I will kill him, I will slit his throat..."

"Calm down Perce." Said Jason. I didn't even notice the use of my old name.

"This is calm." I said, standing up, breathing heavily. "This is calm. This is calm."

I clenched my fists, my stomach in my shoes.

"What is DeadStone?" Asked Annabeth tentatively.

"A stone that cannot be found on earth, it suppresses magic. It is Order's one great asset. If he cuffs us with it, our magic is locked down. Era is physically strong, but without magic she is almost helpless."

"We'll find her." Said Jason.

"Of course we will," I growled, striding through the hallways again. "He knows we're here, no time for stealth. This is a trap, but I don't care. I know where he took her. We're going to his office."