Prologue

"Iris, I need to find some peace", Barry says with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"It's okay Barry. You waited for me, for all these years. Now it's my turn. You go, be where you need to be and do what you need to do. I'll always be here waiting for you", Iris said with tears welling in her eyes.

"That's all I ever wanted to hear you say", Barry said as he clasped Iris' hands tightly.

"I love you, Barry", Iris said as she leaned in.

"I love you too Iris, I always have and always will", Barry said as his lips met hers under the silence of the moon. Iris got up and went inside giving Barry a quick smile.

"I love you all and that's why I am sorry but I have to do this", Barry said as he looked through the window at Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, Iris and Wally aka Team Flash who were all chatting happily now that Zoom was gone.

With one last look, he whooshed away. He ran fast enough to rupture the time continuum. He knew exactly where he needed to go, to the night his mother was murdered. He stood outside the house as he saw the two speedsters fighting in a ball of red and yellow lightning around his mother who was about to be killed seconds later.

He saw future Flash rescue young Barry and travel back to his time. Now, it was his turn. He zoomed into the house just as The Man In Yellow was about to stab Nora Allen. He pushed him away towards the wall.

"You're not hurting her this time. You are never hurting her ever again", was all he said before he punched the Reverse-Flash and knocked him out.

"No, please no. Don't hurt me", Nora cried.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I'm here to save you. You are safe now", Barry said with a smile on his face.

There was another Flash waiting behind the door, he had come from the time when Team Flash had prepped to send the Reverse Flash back to his time giving Barry exactly 1 minute and 52 seconds to travel back in time and save his mother but he had decided on not saving her because then it would mean that nothing would ever be the same again.

But this version of Barry had done it. He saved her. Just then the other Flash vanished from existence.

"You're safe now", Barry said to Nora as he sat down next to her with happiness beaming out from him.

Everything was going to change, he would have his parents and his father would never go to prison and he would never have to go and live with Iris, never grow up with Joe and maybe never get struck by lightning.

What Barry didn't realise was what the evil Wells had once told him, "Time is an extremely fragile construct and any deviation no matter how small can result in a cataclysm. Whatever tragedy you think you have averted, time will find a way to replace it and trust me Barry, the next one could be much worse."

Time always finds a way to replace itself.

Everything will change, or will it?