Chapter Four.

Today was the day.

We were going to try to get my powers back. I left home painfully knowing that I won't see my mom or dad again but then, it was for the best.

My mom had to die to save so many lives and so be it.

"Let's do this Barry", Dr. Wells said.

"If it doesn't work, you'll die Barry", Caitlin said with worry piling up on her face. I hugged all of them tightly and thanked them for believing in me.

"Caitlin, I have to try", I said as I stepped inside the machine.

Cisco went to the roof with his weather wand and Wells strapped me in. "Ready?", he asked.

"Ready when you are", I said tightly gripping the cold metal.

"I'm injecting the chemicals, NOW CISCO, NOW!", Wells ordered.

Just then, I felt a jolt of lighting hit me and then everything around me went black.

*A few hours later*

"Barry? Can you hear us?", Caitlin spoke to me as she peered over my face.

I opened my eyes and sat up. Had it worked? Just then Cisco walked in and was about to miss a step and fall but I zoomed to him and prevented that from happening.

The world was slowing down, no wait.
I was moving so fast that I felt it was slowing down.
It had worked.

I got out of bed and dressed up in the friction proof suit Cisco had made me. When they saw me run faster than humanely possible they were shocked.

"That's not possible", Caitlin said.

"Well, apparently it is", Dr. Wells retorted.

"Make everything alright Barry. We believe in you", Cisco said.

I thanked them and bid them my goodbyes. I sped towards my house and with one last look at my mother, I ran.
I ran as fast as I could, faster than I have ever run.