Pilot

I stood my mother's death bed looking down at my new baby brother in my arms and then up to Greg.
I then looked back to the lady I had called my mom for 4 years now and felt hot tears boil in my eyes.
"Y/N" I looked into the big beautiful pink eyes of the lady who lay in front of me. "Steven is going to be something great" "I know" I responded still with sadness in my voice.
"But that does not mean that you won't be. Greg will look after you, but I need your promise that you'll look after your brother."
"I will." I said still crying. "Greg I need you to look after them, even if Y/N isn't your child"
Greg walked over and kissed her. He said "Definitely, and please know I love you so so much Rose." "I love you too Mr. Universe."
I woke up to my phone alarm and quickly turned it off so it wouldn't wake up Steven or Greg. I dug in my bag and pulled out my daily outfit. Jeans with a long sleeved S/F/C shirt with a F/C star, and matching tennis shoes.
Since I'm the only girl I had to quietly climb out the back of the van and quickly change in Greg's little Car Wash office. I took a sticky-note and quickly wrote a note in sharpie. I stuck it on the rear view mirror and hopped in my bike.
I was sad to go, but I had to work today. I've been working since so was 10 as a maid in various homes in Beach City, since we needed extra money. My brother was moving to the temple today since he's turning 13, although I'm happy I wouldn't have to work as much, I'm sad to see him go.
I had to head over to Sour Cream and Onion's place today. I love their family, sometimes I even babysit Onion, even though he's a pretty wacky kid.
When I got there I parked my bike in the garage and knocked on the door after I gazed at the beautiful paintings of my old friend Amethyst. Sour Cream answered the door "Oh hey Y/N, mom wants you to work in the dining room first. Last night Onion did some sculpting with the mashed potatoes." I chuckled and got to it.
Steven's POV
I woke up and didn't see Y/N beside me, then I saw a note on the rear view mirror that said "Sorry I had work today. Meet you at the temple at 10 with Connie. Happy Birthday Schtooball!" I laughed at the last part and then yelled "She's bringing Connie!" a bit too loudly. Dad woke up and saw Y/N was missing. Then I pointed at the note and he nodded. "Alright, we better get ready today's a big day Steven!" "Aye Aye Cap'n!"
🤓 What did you guys think? This is my first "Self add in" story so please give some feedback and thanks for reading. Btw you'll learn your whole backstory next chapter!