The Warp

(Heavy Stuff)
I just loved warping! The beautiful and sparkly blue atmosphere, just made me feel...comfortable. It always made me sad that warping didn't last long, but this trip seemed to be rather extended. I eventually became tired of standing there so I turned to Pearl.
"So, what is it liked being "poofed"" "Well, you've done it before, but I suppose you didn't feel anything at the time." She said lifting a finger to her chin. "I will put it like this, your gem is a safe place you retract to when your hurt, so you can regenerate and come back with an unharmed figure. Even though our bodies aren't real, they're just illusions, that's why we're able to shapeshift so easily.
"Oh." "I am actually rarely poofed these days, because I have some of the greatest warrior tactics in the Crystal Gems!" She said proudly. "And I learned it all for Rose Quartz!" She said excitedly, before she realized what she said.
Pearl then became quiet, and silence filled the warp once again. I had looked away for a split second, so I didn't have to look her in the eye, but when I thought to look back she was crying and holding her pointy nose with her hand.
"Pearl! I'm sorry I didn't mean-" "No it's fine!" We stood there quietly, until Pearl whispered "Did Rose ever tell you?" "About what?""The war?"
"She told me how brave you were and how you gave your everything so she could be safe. She would sometimes become upset, and when she did, she would just silently cry in her room, but I couldn't do anything."
Pearl sniffled and looked at me with a small smile. We finally arrived at the temple and we saw Garnet, Amethyst, Steven, and Connie sitting on the couch. "Where have you guys been?!" Amethyst said. "It's ok Amethyst, they're here now and that's what matters." Said Garnet in her monotone accent.
"Training got a little out of hand today, but we're fine."
I said as Pearl went straight to her room. Steven ran up to me and jumped into my arms (as I of course caught him). "Is she ok?" "She will be. I promise." "Ok." Steven said as I set him down and he wrapped me in a hug.