Why Do I Smell Cherries? - Chapter 1

BESIDES THE TITLE, I SWEAR TO GOD THERE IS NO CUTTING OR SELF HARM INVOLVED. 

*******TIMEEE SKIPPP*******

            I woke up and moved around, a warm,comfy feeling around me as I arranged my position under the human blanket. Though they might have the shittiest eye burning technology ever, I had to admit that their sleeping gear was TOLERABLE. I nuzzled into the pillow and felt its warm skin against me.

            WAIT. WAIT A MOTHERFUCKING SECOND. WHAT THE FUCK?? SLEEPING GEAR DOES. NOT. HAVE. SKIN. My eyes flew open in a hurry and met Dave’s sleeping, calm face. He tightened his arms around where he had been hugging my waist, and I shrunk a bit, holding my breath for a while. He knew that I was sensitive in that area, but I bet stupid ass sleep mode Dave didn’t.

            Even though I was short of breath and I still had tired sleep voice, I still whispered under my breath. “Goddammit, Strider. Motherfucking asshole. Fuck, shit, fuck, shit.” As I tried to pull his hands off me without waking him up. I mean, I couldn’t just sit there and wait for him to wake up, that could take hours, and I knew from experience. He wasn’t like that Rose human who woke up early in the morning.      My stomach was already screaming for me to have some food in it, and I couldn’t just slowly starve. I’d have to be like that idiot from one of Dave’s movies who was stupid enough to get his arm trapped under a massive earth rock and had to chop off his arm or die. That asshole had such bad taste in movies, honestly, why did I even watch that??? There wasn’t even any social concept, just a guy having a man period on his arm.

            By now, I was wriggling around in his grip, before deciding that if that fucking guy didn’t wake up now, he was really asleep and I could just rip his hands apart if I wanted to and he wouldn’t wake up. But, then I decided to be nice and just peeled his hands from my waist. Haha, guess who was gonna get morning food now. Not you, Strider.

            As I made another waffle to go with the first for myself using the waffle iron, I heard fast footsteps from behind me, and turned around. The large spoon I’d used to poor the mix into the iron soon changed its position in my hands to the way you’d hold a weapon. “WHO’S THERE!!?!?!” I shouted, shaking slightly. I watched as a large blur of black with a glint of what must have been glasses ran quickly past the doorframe. “JOHN?!?!” I yelled, confusedly and ran towards the hallways, just in time to hear the main door slam closed, the intruder having run away. “GODDAMNIT.” I yelled, annoyed.

            Quickly, I rushed around, making sure that nothing had been stolen, and strangely enough, nothing had. What the fuck could he have wanted if he didn’t steal anything?? Our house wasn’t some sort of shelter for him to stay in for no reason at anytime.

             It wasn’t like he’d come to our house to fuck with anyone like it was some motel. I mean, the only two people he could possibly fuck in the house were Dave and I, and John couldn’t be so stupid to screw things up that much. Humans were pretty stupid, but they couldn’t be that stupid. I’d never fuck him, anyways, I was with Dave. Dave couldn’t fuck with him either, I think.

            Before I had the chance to build on the doubts that spun through my head, I could smell the second waffle from in the kitchen and I went back to take them out of the iron to make sure it wouldn’t burn or stick.

            As I fiddled with taking it out so it could get with the other waffle, I heard what I knew were Dave’s sleepy footsteps from anywhere. “’Morning, Kitkat.” He said, followed by a yawn as he moved in closer to me.

            “Morning.” I said, sounding more rushed and grumpier than I had intended. The blond wrapped his arms around my shoulders as I worked to put the waffle on a plate with its other. He leant his head onto my shoulder and landed a morning kiss on my cheek, but I felt nothing.