Stop Trying - Chapter 7

Aghhh! I'm so happy that this has gotten a lot of readers, and you all seem really passionate about it. This is really awesome, and I just wanted to say that even though I don't thank you guys in the comments, I read every one and they're my favorite notification. I've got an ending planned out for this and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a fanfic I finish (for once in my life I finish a story on my own terms). 

Also, Davekat should become canon in the final update. Tell me if you agree in the comments. 

Thanks again if you're still reading this!

Nooo. Not consciousness now. Fuck consciousness, I don't want this. Nooo, thinkpan go back to sleep. SLEEP. Fuck me, that didn't work now my mind's even more awake. Fucking idiot. Ughh. Ugh. Kanaya's alarm's probably going to go off sometime soon so THINKPAN FUCKING GO TO SLEEEEE-my phone. I tensed up, breathing shallow. 

"Nononononoooo," My morning voice was groggy, croaking with every syllable. I pushed my arm out back behind me, knocking my phone off of the bedside table and pushing myself to the opposite side of the bed. All I heard was the sound of the phone hitting the wall and embedding itself into the carpeted floor. The blanket was pulled over my head by - GUESS WHAT - MY TIRED ARMS and I groaned. Another text sounded off. I knew who it was and I knew the sort of texts that he was sending. 

It'd been a whopping 13 days since the big whoohoo- the big INCIDENT if you like- and that little fuckass didn't hesitate to send me message, by message, by message - EVERY DAY OF EVERY WEEK. And do you know what was on each of those satellite signals pointed into letters? 

I must've twisted myself into a knot in that blanket. Human beds, though the definition of pointless self-indulgence all humans seem to love, were a good concept. Bouncy mattresses were fairly good. Blankets, by far, were the best. Waking up in the morning with your vertebral column (A/N: spine) hurting like the human concept of hell, WAS THE WORST THING ABOUT THESE HUMAN INVENTIONS. I MEAN DO HUMANS EVEN KNOW HOW TO INVENT SOMETHING THAT WON'T MURDER OR HURT YOU. OH WAIT NO, BECAUSE THEY THEMSELVES ARE THE DEFINITION OF A WEAPON.

I inhaled oxygen into my windbags and exhaled for a long time until they were empty.  I didn't want it to be like this. I wanted to be near that spontaneous douchebag even though for the life of me I didn't want to. I didn't want to be around, but I wanted his arms around me. I wanted to feel that idiot's sickly, strandy blonde hair through my fingers. I wanted to shred him through an Alternian shredder and shoot his shreds into the next galaxy just so that I never saw him again and had no chance to. 

I stretched my arms in front of me, breathing in so that my airsacs were filled to the brim with oxygen before pushing myself up. I rubbed at my eyes, even if they'd been open prior to me getting up. Then, once again, I inhaled oxygen into my windbags and exhaled for a long time until they were empty and I started moving for the door. A distorted noise came from my teethset as I looked down at the phone next to the doorframe, screen facing upwards. I'd only heard 2 beeps, which meant that the one whose name is a fucking stupid one was finished texting for today. That didn't stop my vocal strings from rubbing together to form muffled distressed noises. Wow, sometimes I really do feel like a troll compared to the humans. I quickly knealt over and picked the phone up with my nubby fingers. 

Believe me, I TRIED not to look at the messages as I went to the breakfast table, I TRIED, but by the time I was sitting at my destination awaiting Rose to realize my presence, my face was contorted trying to plug in the password. And slide. SLIDE. SLIDE YOU FRICTIONALIZED ARROW OF USELESS PIXELS. WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME. 

"Placing a smile at the perfect event, 

Gracing your skin with the side of my hand,