A Start To The Day - Chapter 12

Two or three more chapters to go if this serves correctly.

Firstly, I'm really sorry that the last chapter was super depressing - I didn't think it was really bad until apparently I shattered your feels into a million pieces. So here's the chapter sooner than I would've thought it to have come!

I'm really intent on this and I never thought it would catch on - I started it just to fill the time! I started this when I barely even knew Karkat and Dave but still shipped them.

Oh well, I'm glad you all enjoy it! And we're not at the end yet.

~~~~~~~

My eyes open lightly, gently. I'm breathing. For another day. I don't even know if I'd have thought that possible a few weeks ago, but the world is full of surprises-shit I sound just like a fucking romcom. No cheesy inspirational phrases that are as obvious as John's closeted homosexuality. As if on que, my phone buzzes. I'm not gonna bother to explain it, you all know the drill.

Dave 5:30am

This is gospel for the fallen ones locked away in permanent slumber

Assembling their philosophies from pieces of broken memories

Oh (This is the beat of my heart)

Don't try and sleep through the end of the world

Or bury me alive

'Cause I won't give up without a fight

If you love me let me go

'Cause these words are knives and often leave scars

The fear of falling apart

Truth be told I never was yours

The fear, the fear of falling apart

(This is the beat of my heart)

The fear, the fear of falling apart.

5:32am

I know that there are no odds to fight for anymore and so I'm going to stop. I think that today's the last day I'm going to give you anything. It's just, I always thought we'd last longer than this. Feel free to move on if you want. It's not an option available for me and I think you should take it for your sake.

~~~~~~

"Good morning, Karkat." Came a sleepy Rose. I was back to waking up early, and getting up in the morning. She was dressed in purple pajamas that were long-sleeved and with long pants that flowed at her feet. Walking in, she was rubbing her eye like a cat before her eyes saw me at the stove cooking.

"'morning." I grumbled, slightly embarrassed. I fumbled with a fork I was using to flip over bacon on the frying pan. Maybe if I didn't look over to at her she wouldn't notice how dark red my face was going. There was no fucking way in this miserable shitcrater of a biome-sphere planet anyone here is going to find out what my blood color is.

"Wait, are you making breakfast?" Rose questioned, taking a deep yawn midsentence. I'd always pinned Rose down as the 'look-at-me-i-can-be-up-and-smiling-instantly' type in the mornings. I guess it took a while for her to adjust.

"No, I'm making dinner. Your ridiculous human body forced itself to fall into a deep slumber and now you've woken up. It's been a week." I shoot back.

"That would make a good book sometime." Was she really so tired that she didn't care to reply properly?

Kanaya, a usually unseen person up until around 8:30am, starts moving into the kitchen in her green bathrobe. She's already put on the bases for her makeup - just some foundation for the mornings. I bet she wakes up with bags under her eyes she forces away with makeup. She'd never let us see her in any state other than 'fashionably ready'. Well, they'd seen me in every kind of state now.