Consulting Advice - Chapter 10

OKAY THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR THE STORY AHEAD. 

This chapter uses a lot of scenery, so in the 'media' section that should be somewhere to the right of the text of the story there's a floor plan of Kanaya and Rose's apartment PLEASE check it out. I took a lot of time planning it and it'll help you out or make things a little more real. 

ON MORE USUAL NOTES. 

FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILLL READING THIS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Our time together is coming to an end, and IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY FANFIC IDEAS OR FANDOMS THAT COULD INSPIRE ME I'D BE HAPPY TO TAKE A FEW IN. Especially, davekat. I really love them, I'm a bit obsessed. 

Also, beware. 

The chapter I post after this - could be the last. 

So thank you for sticking through! BUT ENOUGH GIOVANNA let's go to the actually interesting people. 

**************

My phone buzzed with the daily text.

It's plain to see

But I came to love you anyway

So you pulled my heart out

And I don't mind the bleeding

Any old time you keep me waiting

I got a love that keeps me waiting

I'm a lonely boy

Am I born to bleed?

Any old time you keep me waiting

I got a love that keeps me waiting. 

The Black Key's Lonely Boys. He always was a fucking hipster. In came another buzz from the phone. This one must've been in his own word. The daily Strider attempts. And I can't say that it didn't make my stomach clench, but I can't say it struck me like a boulder anymore either. I had a heartbreak in recovery. 

firstly, i just wanted u to know the song isn't romantic, but the lyrics are. i didn't do the things everyone said, but i'm guessing you know that now. i miss you. i just wanted to make sure you knew. i don't think u're still there anymore, reading these, you probably changed numbers, but in case you do i just want you to know that i still care. i just, i hope u're better. no tricks. just the truth. good luck with life. i'm not gonna give up.

I sighed, embedding myself in blanket.  I got up. I brushed my teeth in the lavatory room. I peeled off my clothes. I felt my numbness. I fell into a new set of clothes, there was no more sleeping in the same clothes from grief. I went to the counter, there was no more having Rose make you cereal. I poured froot loops and accepted the errored spelling as advertising, there was no more yelling at them all for being flavored the same. I sat down at the kitchen counter in a high chair and had my cereal. I glanced at flowers and chocolates and card after card after card in the trash solely to see if there was a new arrival. Rom-com after new rom-com sat in a pile in the corner of the kitchen, where Kanaya had put it as a form of 'tough-love' psychology she was trying. All my favorite films, brand new, from who it's obvious. 

"Hey, Karkat," Rose slipped into the kitchen. No more over-sleeping for Vantas. "How are you?" 

"I'm good." I replied back. It was the first time. 

A smile landed on her face like a petal through the wind. "That's good." And as she went and made her own breakfast, offering to make me an egg that I accepted, I took out my phone. Kanaya helped verbally. Sollux was always there for fun. Terezi gave me comfort. John gave me more assurance. Rose helped me health-wise, but there was still one person I needed to call for closure on choices.