Everything Burns - Chapter 4

You guys seemed to like it. I'm trying to round it off, and I have a few more chapters to go, but yeah, have this because I felt like writing this fanfic. It's a bit random and stuff, but I kinda just wanted to have a moment where Karkat knew that he had people around just to show that he's not alone or anything. 

Plus there are a few OC things I put in, subconsciously I guess -but like anyone I like my headcanons. 

I hope u guys enjoy and thanks so much for reading it means a lot *smiles* you guys are so awesome.

***********

I tensed up, everything stinging. "Karkat, I can't believe it. You were really lucky - about the glass and that. Not about everything else. I suck with words." Jade's child-like voice still comforted me even though it was all the wrong words. Having some form of attention after almost a week of wondering if the only person I thought cared for me ended up not was comforting to a certain degree. I almost hissed as Jade's careful hands applied some form of viscous antiseptic liquid onto me. Was it trying to kill me or heal me? I don't fucking know. 

"I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH -" Terezi came into the room, with her mouth wide and loud. Everyone was walking on eggshells around me - Terezi especially. She dated Strider once, though they had an easy split up. They kinda sat down, decided things didn't work, shook hands on it and that's it - friendzoned for life, and fucking cool with it. "And he said that apparently," Yeah, what did he fucking say I wanna know his excuse for being a doucheavalanche. "the neighbors called the police and Karkles, you were REALLY lucky so that you didn't get arrested." Gog, I fucking HATE those neighbors. They're so uptight all the freaking time. No, everything needs to be blue, NOTHING FUCKING RED OF COURSE THAT'S THE SHITTIEST FUCKING COLOR. No, how dare you, I asked for a horse and you bought me a dog - disgraceful. Shitheads. they act like royalty and I hope I never have to talk to them again. 

Now, I'll confess I hissed from the mixture of alcohol on cuts and life itself. "Stop it Karkat, you're only making it worse." Jade's voice came into existence. HOW ON THIS OBSCENE LITTLE PLANET IS HISSING GOING TO MAKE ANTISEPTIC WORSE?? HOW ON THIS SHITDICK OF A UNIVERSE AM I LUCKY TO HAVE MY MATESPRIT CHEAT ON ME WITH A LOUSY, VEXING FRIEND. HAHA, SOME FRIEND - HEIR OF FUCKING IDIOCY MORE LIKE. MAYBE I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP ON FRIENDS AND LIFE AND TROLLS AND HUMANS BECAUSE I APPEAR TO BE CHOOSING THE WORST ONES TO BEFRIEND. 

Of course I showed all of this through a twitch of my nose. I didn't feel like doing anything. I didn't want to do anything. It was - forgive my analogy - if I were a bucket (A HUMAN BUCKET, NOT ANY OTHER FORM OF BUCKET YOU SICKMINDED SACK OF CAPPILARIES), then right then and there I was just completely drained of any form of energy. If I were a clogged sink, then the plummer had come right there and unclogged me, but managed to destroy EVERYTHING. If I were an AUTHOR than I would be trying to write, but everything just comes out SHIT. 

Rose's nose peeped out from over her book, which she then put down in her lap. "Karkat, it's come to my attention that you're not responding to any of this." 

"Meh." 

She leant over slightly to the chair in which I sat in. "How're you feeling?" 

"Meh." 

"Emotionally drained." 

"Meh." 

"Okay, Rose, that's enough, you're going to stress him out." Jade snapped, seeing as I wasn't replying. "Karkat, I'm going to arrange the spare room for you okay?" She forced my face to look at her, and moved is side to side in her hands before giving a well practiced nod to say that all the cuts were covered up. Then, Jade got up and disappeared into the apartment.