A Last Resort - Chapter 9

Oh Gosh guys, I just - how have we gotten this far? I wasn't ever going to continue this, but thank you so much for reading it and I'm so happy that I did and just. You're all the best. I think this is going to be the first fanfic that I ever finished after planning to finish it. Thank you, but now back to the OTP. We still have a lot to go through. 

I picked up the cellular device and brushed it against my ear. 

1 tone. 

2 tones. 

I slammed down on the off button and cancelled the call before the phone could even catch onto what was happening. The shitty piece of human technology must've taken about 2 minutes to close down the Phone 'application'. UGHHHHH, YOU STUPID PIECE OF CELLURLAR DEVICE. I threw it across the room until it landed over in the corner. This must be becoming some form of tradition now. Immediately, I sunk into the same position I'd been in pre-call, WITHOUT the phone. My eyebrows contorted together. Muscles on my face twitched in confusion. My entire body couldn't reciprocate to this sort of crap: my eyes told themselves to start tearing up; my tearducts would refuse; my heart would thump; it would skip a beat; my air sacs would decide they had enough oxygen; I would gasp for air - none of it made any sense to me. 

My teeth sunk into my cheek tissue so much that soon I could taste blood. There was this swarming misture of what felt like blood, anxiety, longing, and desire inside of me. I NEEDED to do it. I didn't WANT to do it. I lifted my weight onto my feet and dragged myself over to the 'iPhone' laying on the floor. "Why me? Why fucking me?" Came a spur of pure irritance and stress from my mouth. 

I didn't even pick the device up from where it was against the wall. I just sat down, legs crossing, next to it as though it was a live species. "You know," I said, voice quivering unexpectedly. "You've caused a lot of fucking problems in my life for an inanimate object. In fact, you're probably the most shitty device on this puny carbon based planet, and believe me there's a lot of shitty stuff on this carbon-based planet. You're the EXACT reason why my life is more miserable than the weakest, most likely to get culled, mutant blooded wriggler on Alternia, and I don't see any possible way that you could be a cure to this disease called emotion I'm feeling now. Which was caused mostly by you - in case I didn't mention it enough." There was a pause in my words. "I don't see how you could cure this. Or my cureent degrading situation." 

"I don't even know if I should get back together with that idiot anymore." I laughed slightly deliriously as my throat went thick. "I don't even know what to do at all. I don't know if I'll forgive John for whatever he did or didn't do if he did anything at all. I don't know anything. It's just a blur. Everything's blurry." And in fact as I said that, molecules of a salty solution gathered in my vision spheres that blurred my alien vision. That was all I was to everyone; an alien on Earth, alienated even by my own species on my own destroyed planet .

A human sounding sniffle errupted from me. My clumsy, nubby nailed fingers swept my face clean of tears which could and had rolled down my cheeks. 

"But," I continued on. "Nothing's going to get better just by talking to a human mobular device, is it?" I sighed. I looked over at the phone and to a certain level it looked back at me. "So there isn't too much harm in at least trying to cure myself or forgive JOHN." I picked up the metal piece of techology and squinted at it, suddenly aware it was just a piece of technology. "Why the fuck am I talking to you?" I asked, not even stopping talking to it. As though it had no objection to my attempt, I was able to plug in my password in one go and the phone application opened back up. 

As though on queue vibrations and one of those repetitive aggravating ringtones went off. John's name filled the screen and on reflex, I answered it.