Life Stings Like Glass Rain - Chapter 3

Warning that this is super intense.

I pulled out the cellular mobile device, as I think the humans call it, and began tapping at it with my finger. Except just because the universe HAPPENS TO HATE ME, it didn't fucking work. I slammed my nail at the screen, to nothing. NOTHING. I tried using the sliding instruction it gave me, telling me to move a shitty rectangular quadrilateral over, WHICH ALREADY HAD NO FUCKING POINT, and it maybe got carried ever so minimally to the side, BUT NEVER REACHED THE POINT IN WHICH THE DEVICE DECIDED TO SAY I COULD INSERT ITS PASSCODE. Once, it was even practically touching the end, and it JUST STOPPED AND RAN BACK TO THE END OF THE LINE LIKE I WAS SCARING IT.

"FUCKING ASSWHORE," I yelled at it, voice getting coarse and caught. "DO YOU FEAR ME, DO YOU FEAR YOUR LEADER. I FUCKING CREATED THIS SHITTY PLANET, YOU DISGRACEFULL CUBOID OF SHINING INTERACTIVE LIGHTS. I CREATED YOU!" I pierced into it with my voice, which was feeling more and more helpless as time passed on. Just 11am. Oh happy happy day.

MAYBE, if I wasn't such an idiot I could've created a better planet. Maybe f I wasn't such an idiot, I wouldn't have created humans, then I wouldn't have created cheaters, and then BY THE END I WOULDN'T HAVE CREATED DAVE OR JERKS OR THE CONCEPT OF CHEATEES AND THE WHOLE FUCKING LOAD OF THEM.

I breathed in heavily, pretending like the little red tears weren't gathering around my eyes. I WAS GETTING ANGRY AT A HUMAN MOBILULAR DEVICE. A MOBULAR DEVICE. OF COURSE IT WOULD HATE ME, I'D HATE THE BEING THAT CREATED ME AS WELL. WHY WAS I ANGRY AT IT, IT'S POINTLESS. UGH, WHY DO I FEEL EMOTIONS. NEXT TIME I EVER GET THE CHANCE TO CREATE A SPECIES, I'D BETTER GET KANAYA TO MAKE SURE SHE BREEDS THEM.

Finally, it magically decided to open up and slide by itself and I tried not to just be that weird asshole who screams in the middle of the street. Okay, now maps. To home.

NEW MESSAGE: hey karkat where r u? i'm over at urs

~John

DO YOU EVEN KNOW. DO YOU EVEN KNOW. DO YOU EVEN FUCKING KNOW JOHN YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH. JOHN YOU IDIOT. HOW OBLIVIOUS TO I SEEM TO EVERYONE. OH YEAH, LOOK AT KARKAT, HIS MIND IS JUST ELYSIUM - I KNOW, LET'S GO BEHIND HIS FUCKING BACK AND FUCK, HE'LL NOT NOTICE. HE'LL JUST SIT THERE IN HIS LITTLE PERFECT WORLD. YOU KNOW, HE DOESN'T HATE HIMSELF IT'S JUST TOTAL BLISS OVER THERE. TOTAL. BLISS.

The phone started ringing and a picture of a bee showed up along with an irritating bzzzzzz. I picked it up.

"Hey, thitfathe, what'th up? I heard thomething'th up?" Sollux's lisp greeted me, with an almost obnoxious laugh.

"YEAH WELL WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?!"

"Jeeth, KK. Try nithe thometime. People'd apprethiate you more."

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH WITH APPRECIATION YOU BASTARD. EVERYONE I KNOW IS A BASTARD. EVERYONE. EVERYONE FUCKING SUCKS AND YOU KNOW WHAT??? I SUCK THE MOST. SO DON'T EVEN SAY THAT 'OH IF YOU WERE NICE THEN EVERYONE WOULD STOP BEING IDIOTS' CAUSE THEY WOULDN'T, SOLLUX. THEY WOULDN'T. YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT."

"What'th wrong?"

"I HATE YOU ALL. EVERY SINGLE ONE."

"WHAT ITH WRONG?!" Now there was something new in his voice. Something that'd never been in there - concern. Genuine. Concern.

Suddenly. My voice closed. No no no. My throat closed and tightened and all that there was was silence.

"KK? KK, where the fuck are you?!"

Silence.

"KK, WHERE ARE YOU??!!"

I hung up on him hanging there, and I took a seat on the road, and I buried by face into my knees as my shoulders shook and I could feel strawberry colored tears streaming down my face like a dam had just been opened and was flooding the land. No. no more. I didn't want to deal with this. I didn't want to FUCKING deal with this. No no no. No. I'm a shitty person - I get that - but no more. No more. I don't want any of this. I DON'T WANT IT.