Her (New) (editted)

AUTHORS NOTE!
This chapter replaced the original first and second chapters! I'm going through the editing process so bare with me, please and thank you!

-------------------------------

Neon strobes bounce off the walls, silhouettes of sweaty teenagers with their hands in the air fill the small living room.

"Hey Chris! Over here!" A voice calls from my left.

I turn to see my group of friends grinning, red solo cups filled with mysterious beverages in their hands. Dodging tipsy bodies and lip lockers, I make my way over to them.

"Dan here thinks he can hook up with a college chick!" Peters green eyes sparkle with humor. Always the jester.

"I'm going to be the first guy at Ridge Valley High to do so," Dan smirks, his eyes scanning the crowd for prey.

"What makes you so sure?" I finally speak up.

Dan pauses, his eyebrows going up then furrowing.

"Well... I... Uh.." He fumbles with a reply.

"That's what I thought," I shake my head.

"Hey, dude, check it out," Peter lightly taps my arm, nodding to the opposite side of the room. A beautiful blonde body dances into view, her hips swaying, her hair falling in her face, but she doesn't seem to care. She dances like a carefree maniac, and I have a feeling she's sober.

I study the way the lights shine on her, the flow of her hair, her graceful moves. My heart races until it's beating in tune with the fast party music. Everything moves in slow motion around me, blurry and irrelevant compared to her.

My mind comes back into focus when I notice Dan approaches her. A smirk slithers onto her face as she snakes her way to the kitchen, Dan in tow. Within seconds Dan reappears, eyes alight.

"Like I said, first to lay a college chick," his expression smug.

"Hello boys," the blonde appears, four glasses and a bottle in her hand. "You're buddy here has challenged me to a drinking contest. Because I fear for your friends ego, we'll make this more interesting.

Now, the rules are we go shot for shot. Whichever one of you boys outlast me, can choose the prize. Sound fair?" She raises an eyebrow.

"This will be a breeze," Dan grabs a shot glass.

Shrugging, I grab a glass too, as does Peter. Simultaneously we all raise our glasses and tip back our heads, only to slam the glasses back down. The mystery girl fills them up again, and we do just as we did before.

Peter lets out a small cough and Dan clears his throat while the girl fills the glasses again, a sly smile tugging at her delicate lips.

We do five more shots before Peter starts leaning on Dan, who is now swaying. My vision has blurred but I'm still hanging on. The glasses are filled for another round but I'm the only one who takes it. However,  my booze filled friends tumble to the ground, out like a light.

Looking over I see the girl eyeing me. A small smile spreads across her features before she gestures me to follow. She cuts through the crowd with her petite frame, and I struggle to pursue her. She slips out the door, me and my curiosity following her blindly.

"You can really handle yourself," she sits on the ledge of the drained, underground pool.

"So can you," I take a seat next to her.

"Surprised?" She quirks her brow.

"Little bit, yeah," I nod.

"Why, because I'm a girl?" She stares at me. Blinking, I realize I've walked right into a trap.

I stare back at her and it's then that I notice her eyes are big blue spheres, reflecting the night sky.

"What's your name?" The words fall from my mouth before I even think of them.

"AnnaSophia," she replies, swinging her feet. "You can call me Anna."

"Well Anna, it's nice to meet you. My name is Chris," I finally regain my conscious mind.

"Future F-Y-I, I'm not a college chick. I just moved here, I'll be starting at Ridge Valley on Monday," She eyes me once again, her eyes sparkling, a small smile playing on her lips.

"That explains why I've never seen you before," I nod, leaning back and looking up at the sky.

Soaking in the faint light from the stars, I conclude that Anna's eyes are much more captivating. I turn my gaze toward her to find her fidgeting, her mind someplace else.

"Just so you know, I don't normally do the whole party thing. My sister wants me to be her designated driver," she lets out a small laugh before shaking her head. "But look at me now," she lets out a rich, creamy laugh.

"So that's why you're not dressed for a party," I chuckle, mocking her choice of jeans and a t-shirt with a long necklace.

"Oh no," she shakes her head, "I'm the one dressed for a party. Those chicks in there are dressed for a ride home. Whose home doesn't matter." Once again she laughs, and the infection spreads to me as I let out a chuckle.

"Well, Chris, you won. So what will your prize be?" She looks over at me.

I sit there, staring blankly at her as I scrambled to collect my thoughts. I was enjoying this casual conversation. Oddly enough, I couldn't think of anything else I'd rather do.

"Police!" Someone shouts from inside the house. Just then flashing lights surround the house as teens panic, scrambling to escape.

Anna and I look at each other, eyes wide, before we both get up and make a break for it.